Lauren Gilchrist is the Executive Vice President and Market Leader of the Greater Philadelphia Region. Gilchrist oversees Newmark Real Estate’s (Newmark’s) full suite of service offerings, managing strategic planning, revenue growth and profitability, recruitment and business development in the company’s Philadelphia, Wayne, Southern New Jersey and Delaware offices.
Based in the Philadelphia CBD office, Gilchrist holds appointments to the Board of Directors for the Philadelphia Facilities Management Corporation/Philadelphia Gas Works, Philadelphia Orchestra, Old City Community Fund, M&T Bank Advisory Board and the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of NAIOP—where she served as Chapter President from 2019 to 2020. In addition, Gilchrist has been recognized by the Philadelphia Business Journal as a 40 Under 40 honoree and a Woman of Distinction, and a Philly Power Woman by Bisnow.
Prior to joining Newmark, Gilchrist was the Managing Director of Research at Longfellow Real Estate Partners, where she directed research strategy, content creation and thought leadership, and provided market research to drive project underwriting and execution. Previously, Gilchrist also held roles as Senior Vice President of Research at JLL, Manager of Research & Analysis at the Center City District and Program Manager at the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness.
- Women of Distinction – Rising Star Award, Philadelphia Business Journal, 2020
- Developing Leaders Award, NAIOP CRE. Converge, 2020
- Women of Influence in Commercial Real Estate, Bisnow, 2017 and 2020
- 40 Under 40 Honoree, Philadelphia Business Journal, 2016
- Advisory Board Member, M&T Bank, 2023-Present
- Steering Committee Member, Philly Builds BIO, 2022-Present
- Advisor, Live Work Philadelphia, 2022-Present
- Board Member, Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc., 2020-Present
- Member, Finance, Audit and Miller Theater Committees, 2022-Present
- Board Member, Philadelphia Facilities Management Corporation/Philadelphia Gas Works, 2020-Present
- Secretary of the Board, 2020-Present
- Member, Workforce Development Committee, 2020-Present
- Board Member, Old City Community Fund, 2018-Present
- Secretary of the Board, 2021-Present
- Board Member, NAIOP Greater Philadelphia Chapter, 2016-Present
- Chapter President, 2019-2020
- Chair – Government Affairs Committee, 2018-Present
- Executive Committee Member, 2020-Present
- Board Member, Central Philadelphia Development Corporation, 2021-2022
- Advisor, Professional Science Master’s in GIS – Temple University, 2016-Present
- Affordable Housing Committee Member, Building Industry Association of Philadelphia, 2018-2019
- Advisor, Global Identity Advisory Board, Brookings Global Cities Initiative: Global Identity Cohort for the City of Philadelphia, 2018-2019
- Keepers Program, LEADERSHIP Philadelphia, Class of 2017
Gilchrist received her Master of Science in Public Policy and Management from Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Bucknell University.