Laurel C. Barsa, MAI, serves as an executive vice president in the Denver office of Newmark Valuation & Advisory. Ms. Barsa has successfully completed valuations of a broad range of property types, including office buildings, shopping centers, warehouses and distribution facilities, development sites, self storage facilities and mixed use properties. She is also proficient in computer applications related to real estate valuation, including discounted cash flow analysis.
Ms. Barsa has significant experience in multifamily housing, including conventional existing and proposed properties, senior citizen housing, manufactured housing and student housing. She specializes in HUD appraisals and market studies for both market-rate and affordable housing (Low Income Housing Tax Credit and Section 8) and has significant experience with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae guidelines. Special assignments have included an organic dairy, a seminary, fractured condominium interests and airplane hangars. She has performed appraisals throughout the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
Ms. Barsa joined Newmark in 2018, when the firm acquired the Denver office of Integra Realty Resources. At the time of the acquisition, she was serving as a senior managing director in IRR’s Denver office.
Licenses and Designations
- MAI Designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general appraiser, state of Colorado
- HUD Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) Approved Appraiser
- Member, CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) - Denver; co-chair, Community Outreach Committee, 2014; co-chair, Golf Tournament Committee, 2015, 2016 and 2017; advisory member, Golf Committee, 2018
- Leadership Program of the Rockies, Class of 2013
- Colorado Ethics in Business Alliance (CEBA); Selection Committee, 2012 and 2013
- Liberty Toastmasters DTC
- LPGA Women Who Play, Denver Chapter
Ms. Barsa earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in international relations from Florida State University. More recently, she successfully completed numerous real estate related courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute and others. She is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members.