Lance H. Wilson serves as a Managing Director with Newmark’s Multifamily Capital Markets Debt & Structured Finance group in the firm’s New York headquarters. He specializes in the financing of multifamily rental housing projects, assisted living facilities and nursing homes, primarily through Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA mortgage insurance programs.
Wilson joined Newmark’s predecessor in 2016 when the firm acquired the entire deal pipeline and new business production staff of Oppenheimer Multifamily Housing & Healthcare Finance, Inc. As a Senior Vice President of Oppenheimer Multifamily, a subsidiary of Oppenheimer & Co., Inc. he focused primarily on transactions that involved FHA Section 223(f) in connection with affordable projects. However, some of his transactions involved FHA Section 221(d)(4) new construction and substantial rehabilitation projects, market rate projects and nursing homes.
Prior to joining Oppenheimer in 2008, Wilson held senior positions in multifamily housing finance and municipal investment banking with American Property Financing, Inc. (later acquired by Wachovia Multifamily Capital, Inc.), Greytsone & Co. and PaineWebber. He joined PaineWebber in 1986, after serving as Executive Assistant to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development from 1981 to 1984 and President of the New York City Housing Development Corporation from 1984 to 1986. Prior to government service, Wilson was an attorney with the Wall Street law firm of Mudge Rose Guthrie and Alexander and later an associate counsel of The Equitable.
- The White House Private Sector Initiatives Commendation Award
- Housing Man of the Year Award, National and New York Housing Conferences
- Secretary’s Award for Excellence (highest departmental award), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Outstanding Public Service Award, National Association of Home Builders
- Director, National Realty Club
- Member of the Advisory Council of the Atlantic Legal Foundation
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Director, Faith Center for Community Development
Wilson is a graduate of Hunter College, the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the U.S. Army Officers Transportation School.