Kittie Hook is an executive managing director and corporate services specialist in Newmark’s Denver office. A 32-year veteran of Colorado commercial real estate, Ms. Hook has dedicated her career to providing value-added representation services to users of commercial real estate, including site selection services for companies looking to locate in Colorado as well as expansion, consolidation and real estate analysis requirements for companies currently located in the state.
In addition to providing comprehensive brokerage services, including sales, leasing, negotiations, project analysis and coordination, Ms. Hook is one of the few market experts who can integrate economic development advisory services for every stage of the planning and entitlement process with traditional brokerage services. Throughout her career, Ms. Hook has closed transactions valued at more than $300 million. Ms. Hook’s specialized expertise includes government relations, site selection, incentive negotiation, portfolio analysis, strategic planning, land development and entitlements.
Prior to joining Newmark in 2014, Ms. Hook was a senior vice president at Cassidy Turley Colorado, where she focused on a select cadre of corporate services clients. She was also the broker/owner of KLH Commercial, providing complete real estate services to users and corporate clients locally and regionally. Additional experience includes brokerage roles at Prime Commercial and Moore Commercial; economic development positions at the Jefferson Economic Council and the Greater Denver Corporation (now the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation); and marketing positions at financial institutions, including Interstate Lending Corporation and the First Interstate Banks of Golden and Fort Collins.
Ms. Hook’s community involvement is extensive, with a focus on promoting regional economic development initiatives and increasing commercial real estate’s influence on the Denver community. Her current and past involvement includes serving as executive board member and chair of site selection for the Denver Metro Economic Development Corporation; executive board member for the Economic Development Council of Colorado; co-founder of the Rocky Mountain Real Estate Expo; member of the Downtown Denver Partnership; former president of the Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors; and former president of the Denver Metro Realtor Foundation. She is also a member of the Castle Rock Economic Development Council, Jefferson Economic Council, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and CoreNet Global.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
PARTIAL LIST OF SALE TRANSACTIONS:
- Whole Foods Inc., $17.0 million
- Eight properties acquired by Ultimate Electronics, $12.0 million
- Advertising building (44,000 SF) acquired by McClain Finlon, $8.5 million
- Administration building acquired by Denver Art Museum, $4.8 million
- Land acquired by Vestas Blades America, $4.0 million
- Site (80,000 SF) acquired by Bach Composite Industries, $2.6 million
- Flex space (400,000 SF) acquired by HealthSouth Corporation
- Rehab Hospital (49,000 SF on 11.65 acres) acquired by HealthSouth Corp.
- Site for new facilities acquired by Knowledge Learning Corp. (KinderCare Learning Centers); disposition of sale/leaseback facilities and lease or sale of closed facilities
- Sites acquired by Children’s Hospital Colorado for North Campus and South Campus specialty clinics
PARTIAL LIST OF LEASING TRANSACTIONS:
- Vestas Blades America: 47,000 SF, $5.8 million
- Vestas America R&D: 50,000 SF, $2.0 million
- Recognized as one of Denver’s Outstanding Women in Business, Denver Business Journal, 2016
- Special recognition award for dedicated service and achievement in economic development, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation (MDEDC), 2012
- Top 25 Most Powerful Salespeople, Colorado Biz, 2010 and 2011
- Named in the Denver Business Journal Power Book, 2009 and 2010
- Chamber Champion, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, 2003 and 2004
- Realtor of the Year, DMCAR, 1998
- Co-founder, Rocky Mountain Commercial Real Estate Expo
- Executive board, Economic Development Council of Colorado Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Site selection chair, executive board member and member of the special task force committees and Metro Denver Economic Development Committee, Downtown Denver Partnership
- Member, CoreNet Global
- Member, Downtown Denver Partnership
- Member, Castle Rock Economic Development Council
- Member, Jefferson Economic Council
- Former president, Denver Metro Commercial Association of Brokers® (DMCAB)
- Former president, Denver Metro Realtor Foundation
- Chair, 2012 NCAA Women’s Final Four, and board of directors, Denver Sports Commission
- Denver Advisory Board, CSU Athletics
- Board of directors, Denver Metro Leadership Foundation
- Board of directors, Hundred Club of Denver
- Board of directors, Vital for Colorado
- Board of trustees, Denver Botanic Gardens
- Advisory board, Everitt School of Real Estate, Colorado State University
- Class of 2000, Leadership Denver
Ms. Hook attended Colorado State University. She also completed the American Bankers Association Bank Marketing Program, classes at the Western States Economic Development Institute and the Economic Development Institute’s CED program.