Kevin Schmoldt, CCIM, serves as a Managing Director In Newmark’s Milwaukee office, where he specializes in investment sales (retail shopping centers), property acquisition and the negotiation of retail leases on behalf of both tenants and landlords. Schmoldt also works alongside developers in identifying sites, the entitlement process, leasing and recapitalization.
Schmoldt joined Newmark in 2019, when the firm acquired MLG Commercial. He had been a Senior Vice President at MLG since 2015, having been elevated to this position after two years as Vice President. He started his career as a Sales Associate with MLG Commercial in 2009.
Schmoldt is a board member of the Commercial Association of Realors - Wisconsin and is active on its membership committee. He also co-chairs the state ICSC conference, which draws hundreds of attendees.
Schmoldt started his first e-commerce business as a junior in college. He believes in real estate as an investment, as evidenced by his personal invesment in retail shopping centers and other asset classes.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative
- Hundreds of national and franchise leases statewide
- A special interest in assisting qualified startups
As a landlord representative
- Experienced in repositioning of distressed assets
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- Green Bay Plaza and Adjacent Sears; $17 million (core asset)
- The Grove Shopping Center, $4 million (value-add opportunity)
Partial Client List
- Anytime Fitness
- Edward Jones
- Jamba Juice
- Sola Salon Suites
- Community Impact Award, Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin (CARW), 2019
- Retail Deal of the Year (Green Bay Plaza Lease and Sale), CARW, 2018
- Rookie of the Year, MLG Commercial, 2011
- Costar Power Broker
- Board member, Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin (CARW)
- Chairperson, ethics committee (alternate), CARW
- Membership committee member, CARW
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation, CCIM Institute
- Licensed pilot (Hot air balloon)
- President, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization
- Winner, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee New Venture Business Plan Competition, 2009
- Board president, Bayview Commons Condo Associtaion
- Member, Balloon Federation of America
- Member, Milwaukee Athletic Club
Schmoldt holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He also has certificates in entrepreneurship and real estate.