Karen J. Johnson joined Newmark in 2019 following its acquisition of MLG Commercial. Ms. Johnson serves as a director in Newmark’s Milwaukee office, where she specializes in investment sales, site selection and land development and office leasing.
Ms. Johnson is highly skilled at navigating and negotiating transactions through regulatory processes. A trusted real estate advisor, she serves the best interests of her clients by adding value and insight to complete transactions. Whether an investment sale, site selection or lease transaction, she has demonstrated the ability to successfully serve her clients.
Prior to Newmark, Ms. Johnson worked at MLG Commercial, formerly Mooney LeSage Group, for nearly 30 years. She began her real estate career in 1986 at Milwaukee Investment Realty, where she focused on apartment building sales. Ms. Johnson was a pioneer for women in southeastern Wisconsin’s male-dominated commercial real estate industry.
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- Bielinski Development and Thomson Real Estate Holdings - Multiple land transactions
- Industrial Portfolio Sale - Nine-building, eight-figure transaction
- KWIK Trip and Casey’s General Store - Multiple site locations
- Mandel Group - Multiple land and investment transactions for retail and multi-family development
- Memory Care - Site selection (Oconomowoc, Oak Creek, Fox Point, Wausau, Brookfield)
- Oconomowoc Corporate Center - 100-acre business park development/exclusive listing agent
- Pro Healthcare - Building development
- Somerstone Development - 10 acres Highway 164/Highway 190
- TOLD Development - 100 acres along I-94/Highway 83, including Marcus Theater, Baymont Hotel, Home Depot
- Waukesha State Bank Site Selection - Multiple locations
- WHEDA tax credit multi-family redevelopment
- Willow Run Golf Course - 144-acre investment holding/redevelopment opportunity
Partial List of Lease Transactions
- Allay Home Hospice
- Ascension Logistics
- Dr. Amanda Reiswig - EVOLV Cosmetic Spa
- Quintessa Aesthetic Center
- Wisconsin Sinus and Snoring
- Member, Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin (CARW); past board member and director
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designee, 1996-present; former president, Wisconsin CCIM Chapter
- Member, REALTORS® Association
- Member, National Association of REALTORS®
- Member, Waukesha County Board of Realtors
- Member, Office Council, NAI MLG Commercial
Ms. Johnson earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in education from DePauw University.