Justin Beal joined Newmark Zimmer in 2014 and currently serves as the senior managing director of retail brokerage. He specializes in landlord and tenant representation as well as site selection for the development and implementation of retail tenants’ expansion strategies. He brings to his position over 18 years of business management and ownership experience that includes successfully owning two companies for the past 11 years. He also has vast experience in client relations as well as negotiating contracts ranging in value from $50,000 to $20 million.
Mr. Beal currently represents approximately 1.5 million square feet of retail properties throughout the Kansas City MSA. He is working with clients on site selection in Kansas City, Omaha, Topeka, St. Louis and elsewhere throughout the Midwest. He has represented clients that range from startups to national retailers. Most recently, Justin has started site selection to rollout HomeGrown, a new high-end breakfast/lunch concept. Mr. Beal is actively working with Planet Fitness, Dairy Queen, Qdoba, Smoothie King, House of Blues, and Thrive Restaurant Group, among many other national brands.
Mr. Beal is a member of several professional organizations, including the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Kansas City Regional Associations of REALTORS® (KCRAR), and CCIM Institute. He is also a board member of the Blue Springs Economic Development Council, a member of the Blue Springs Rotary and a former city councilman.
In addition, Mr. Beal attends all of the major retail conferences throughout the United States, including but not limited to ICSC in Las Vegas, New York, Chicago and Dallas..
Partial List of Lease Transactions - As a tenant representative:
- 8550 Holmes Road, Kansas City, MO, Chief Pony and Holmes, LLC: Caring Hands and Hearts of Kansas City, Inc., 13,514 SF
- 1201 E Emanuel Cleaver Boulevard II, Kansas City, MO Planet Fitness, 20,320 SF
Partial List of Lease Transactions - As a landlord representative:
- 1825 SW 7 Highway, Blue Springs, MO, Royal Investment Group: The Salvation Army, 14,691 SF
- 12414 S. 71 Highway, Grandview, MO, Kancov GM, LLC: Day Spa, 12,000 SF
Partial List of Sale Transactions - Representing seller:
- Plaza 3rd Center, 694-714 SE 3rd Street, Lee’s Summit, MO: Parrot Properties, Inc. sold to Wells Realty LLC
- Grandview Village Shopping Center, 11900-11906 Blue Ridge, Grandview, MO: Grandview Village Shopping Center, LLC sold to IP Investments, Inc.
- 9701–9709 Greenpark Industrial Drive, St. Louis, MO: MDC Greenpark sold to Sallee Real Estate Investments
- Colonial Heights, 8102-8232 SE 6th Street., and 500 – 520 SE Maple Drive, Blue Springs, MO: Salle Real Estate Investments LLC sold to Charles Conway, Jr. and Colleen Conway
- Cottages of Old Town, 207-211 E. Plum St., 412 S. Monroe Street., Raymore MO: Salle Real Estate Investments, LLC sold to Henry and Kimthoa Liu
- Greystone Place, 1400-1439 NE Mary Court and 1500-1546 NE Eric Court, Grain Valley, MO: Salle Real Estate Investments, LLC sold to Charles Conway, Jr. and Colleen Conway
Partial Client List:
- Dairy Queen
- Design Within Reach
- Hotshots Bar and Grill
- House of Blues
- Inland National Real Estate Services
- Marco’s Pizza
- Pinot’s Palette
- Smoothie King
- Thrive Restaurant Group
- Tutera Group
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® (KCRAR)
- Board member, Economic Development Council, Blue Springs, MO
- Member, Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Independence Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Blue Springs Rotary Club
- Licensed real estate salesperson, states of Kansas and Missouri
Mr. Beal holds a Master of Business Administration degree in project management from Columbia Southern University and a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Central Missouri.