Josh Schweitz joined Newmark in 2018 and currently serves as a Managing Director in the company’s Portland, Oregon, office. During his 19- year commercial real estate career, Schweitz has earned numerous industry recognitions, including the Kidder Mathews Big Hitter Award for top producers in 2018, the Bill Naito Award for deal of the year in 2018 and the Rookie of the Year awards of both the Commercial Association of Brokers and CBRE.
Schweitz adds tremendous value to his clients by finding real estate solutions that align with their goals. He has successfully negotiated over 5 million square feet in office/flex transaction worth approximately $550 million in consideration, with both established and growth companies in all fields.
- Big Hitter Award, Kidder Mathews, 2018
- Top 25 Producer (out of approximately 150 companywide), Kidder Mathews, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2018
- Bill Naito Award, Commercial Association of Brokers, 2018 (Adidas, 138,486 total SF)
- Top office transaction, 2010 (HSBC, 123,210 SF)
- Recipient of multiple CoStar Top 20 Power Broker awards
- Rookie of the Year, Commercial Association of Brokers
- Rookie of the Year, CB Richard Ellis
- Largest office/flex transaction West Side of Portland, 2003
- Licensed real estate broker, states of Oregon and Washington
- Member, Columbia Edgewater
- Former U.S. Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) certified tennis teaching pro
Schweitz earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Oregon.