Executive Managing Director Josh Friedman joined Newmark and Chairman of National Tenant Representation Neil Goldmacher’s team at the firm’s Manhattan headquarters in 2002. Friedman has 21 years of experience in corporate real estate, focused on tenant representation, strategic planning and corporate account services. He is one of the top advisors specializing in tenant representation in Manhattan, particularly within the financial services, technology and information industries, and in top-tier buildings. He has worked on lease projects totaling over 5 million SF and $2.5 billion in leasehold commitments.
- 3G Capital at 600 Third Avenue
- Apollo Management at 9 West 57th Street and 730 Fifth Avenue
- Arsenal Capital Partners at 100 Park Avenue
- Citibank at 666 Fifth Ave., 767 Fifth Ave., 1 Court Sq. and 27 Building Metro Retail Portfolio
- Element Capital Management at 520 Madison Avenue
- Eton Park Capital Management at 399 Park Avenue
- ICM Partners at 65 East 55th Street
- Investment Technology Group at 1 Liberty Plaza
- JS Capital Management at 888 Seventh Avenue
- Lone Pine Capital at 527 Madison Avenue
- McCourt Global at 888 Seventh Avenue
- Moore Capital Management at 11 Times Square
- Music Theatre International at 423 West 55th Street
- Napier Park Global Capital at 280 Park Avenue
- Paige.AI at 11 Times Square
- QVT Financial at 888 Seventh Avenue
- Roivant Sciences at 151 West 42nd Street
- Schusterman Family Interests at 1 Little West 12th St. and 590 Madison Ave.
- Soros Fund Management at 250 West 55th Street and 888 Seventh Avenue
- TPG Capital and TPG-Axon Capital at 888 Seventh Avenue
- Two Sigma Investments at 100 Sixth Ave., 101 Sixth Ave. and Cornell Tech
- Viking Global Investors at 660 Fifth Ave. and 600 Washington Blvd. in Stamford, CT
In 2014, Friedman was appointed to Newmark’s Leadership Council, an honor that was extended based on extraordinary achievement and contribution to the firm’s success. As a member of the council, Friedman mentors junior brokers, leads business development programs and advises the firm’s executive operating committee on brokerage initiatives.
Friedman holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Wisconsin, where he majored in Finance and minored in Real Estate. He completed his high school education at the Ethical Culture Fieldston School.