Jonathan Franzel joined Newmark in 2013 and currently serves as a Managing Director in the firm’s New York headquarters. Franzel works directly with President New York Tri-State Region David Falk, representing tenants and landlords in both lease and sale transactions, principally in the New York metropolitan area. In 2017, Franzel was selected by New York Commercial Observer as one of its “30 Under 30: The Best and the Brightest of NYC Real Estate.”
On the tenant side, Franzel has represented a broad range of companies, from smaller growing technology startups to large corporations, non-profits and government organizations, including:
- PNC Bank
- Valley National Bank
- Mars Corporation
- OCP Group
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency
- Writer’s House
- Bohler Engineering
- Oscar Health: 160,000 RSF at 75 Varick Street
- Harry’s Razors: 100,000 RSF at 75 Varick Street
- WeWork: 100,000 RSF at 205 Hudson Street
- Two Sigma: 75,000 RSF at 100 Avenue of the Americas
- Away: 54,000 RSF at 82 Mercer Street
- 70,000 RSF of transactions at 386 Park Avenue South, including Orchard Platform (25,000 RSF), Awesomeness TV (13,000 RSF), KSH Capital (11,000 RSF) and several more
- Downtown Music Group: 30,000 RSF at 155 Avenue of the Americas
- Leasing of three full buildings (79 Walker Street, 161 Bowery and 135 Bowery) on behalf of Caspi Development, with tenants that include Bang and Olufsen, Epidemic Sound and Kik Interactive
Franzel was selected as one of Newmark’s Rising Stars in 2014, 2015 and 2017.
An active member of his community, Franzel serves on the Young Ambassadors Board of the Jefferson Foundation and the Young Leadership Cabinet of Israel Bonds.
Franzel received a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Hamilton College, where he played varsity tennis for four years and served as team captain. He is a native New Yorker.