Jonathan Fanuzzi joined Newmark’s New York City office in 2022 as an Executive Managing Director, providing both agency leasing and tenant representation services for a wide range of asset classes and industries. He joins Newmark as one of the senior members of President of New York Tri-State Region David Falk’s team.
Over the course of his 23-year career, Fanuzzi has completed more than 18 million square feet of transactions across the United States for various clients. Owners and investors have entrusted Fanuzzi to lead the leasing campaigns for some of New York City’s most prominent buildings, such as the Empire State Building, 375 Park Avenue, 230 Park Avenue, 452 Fifth Avenue, 1166 Avenue of the Americas and 101 Avenue of the Americas. Fanuzzi’s expertise in developing and executing innovative leasing strategies, coupled with his strong analytical skills and deeply rooted relationships in the brokerage community, have cemented his reputation as one of the most respected leasing executives in New York City.
As a tenant representative, he has served as trusted advisor to clients across a wide spectrum of industries, including law firms, boutique financial services companies, insurance firms, technology and life sciences groups. Representative clients include companies such as Syneos Health/INC Research, First Light Fiber, Xtellus Capital, World Gold Council, Parexel and L3 Technologies.
Fanuzzi returned to Newmark after a decade at JLL, where he was consistently ranked among the firm’s top national producers and was awarded their “Top Gun” and “Gold Achiever” designations multiple times. While at JLL, his team was involved in some of the most transformative projects in New York City, including HSBC’s 580,000-square-foot renewal at 452 Fifth Avenue, NY Genome Center’s 175,000-square-foot lease at 101 Avenue of the Americas, Syneos Health’s 87,000-square-foot relocation at 200 Vesey Street and over 240,000 square feet of leasing at 1166 Avenue of the Americas during the height of the pandemic.
Partial Client List
- Empire State Realty Trust: Empire State Building, 2,800,000 SF, 1333 Broadway 400,000 SF, 1359 Broadway 400,000 SF, and 1350 Broadway 400,000 SF
- Edward J. Minskoff Equities: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, 700,000 SF, and 101 Avenue of the Americas, 425,000 SF
- PBC Realty Corp: 452 Fifth Avenue, 750,000 SF
- SL Green Realty: 485 Lexington Avenue and 750 Third Avenue, 1,700,000 SF, 3 Columbus Circle, 750,000 SF, and 100 Church Street, 1,100,000 SF
- Vornado: 731 Lexington Avenue, 1,100,000 SF and 919 Third Avenue, 1,500,000 SF
- AEW: 60 Charlton Street, 100,000 SF
- L3 Technologies: NYC market lead directing the disposition of L3’s former regional headquarters at 600 Third Avenue, 100,000 SF
- HSBC: Multiple NYC disposition assignments, 75,000 SF
- Syneos Health: Account co-lead providing global portfolio and transaction management for a publicly traded clinical research organization with over 120 locations totaling 2,000,000 SF
- Paraxel: Account co-lead providing global portfolio and transaction management for a leading clinical research organization with over 100 locations totaling 1,500,000 SF
- First Light Fiber: Account lead providing national portfolio and transaction management
- Member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Licensed New York Real Estate Salesperson
Fanuzzi earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science from the University of Scranton.