Johnson Chien, CCIM, is a Managing Director in the City of Industry office of Newmark. At Newmark, Johnson’s mission is to provide unsurpassed services and expertise to buyers, sellers, tenants, landlords, investors, and developers of industrial and commercial real estate.
Prior to joining Newmark, Johnson was a Senior Valuation Specialist at Colliers International Valuation & Advisory Services. Before Colliers International Valuation & Advisory Services, Johnson was one of the elite commercial real estate Senior Consultants at Deloitte Financial Advisory Services, LLP. Before Deloitte Financial Advisory Services, LLP, Johnson served as a Senior Associate at Duff & Phelps, LLC’s commercial real estate group where he sourced multi-million dollars of consulting fee leads during the financial crisis of 2007-2008.
Johnson’s past experience includes commercial real estate consultations and valuations for all major property types such as office towers, industrial buildings, regional malls, neighborhood and community shopping centers, apartments, student housing, ultra-luxury condominium developments, golf courses, resorts, marinas, mixed-use developments, senior housing, hospitals, healthcare-related facilities, subdivisions sell-out, vacant lands, bank branches, and fast-food restaurants. Other notable expertise includes analyses of pre- and post- acquisition of real estate portfolios owned by REITs, public companies, and institutional investors for financial reporting purposes. These analyses include ASC820 – Fair Value Measurements and Disclosures, ASC 805 – Business Combinations, and ASC 350 – Goodwill and Other Intangible Assets.
In addition, Johnson is an experienced international real estate consultant for multinational corporations (MNCs) with high-tech facilities, industrial properties and office buildings located throughout Asia and North America.
Cumulatively, Johnson has completed more than $20 billion dollars of real estate transactions for leasing, sales, analyses pursuant to financial reporting standards, appraisals, and highest & best use studies.
- 15930 E. Valley Blvd., City of Industry, CA: Fisch Properties: Amazon, 619,200 SF
- 20301 E. Walnut Drive, North, Walnut, CA: Lamps Plus: DNA Motoring, 350,000 SF
- 1600 W. Rincon St., Corona, CA: Shea Properties: Mascot International, 133,993 SF
- 918~926 Durfee Ave., South El Monte, CA: Meet Fresh, 37,186 SF Build to Suit
- 2727 Rosemead Blvd., South El Monte, CA: Mr. Yes, LLC, 1.73 Acres Mixed-Use
- Over 1,600 Valuations on Core & Non-core R.E. Assets for Pension Funds & REITS
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS & AFFILIATIONS:
- CoStar Power Broker Award 2020-Q2
- Newmark Top 10 Producers – Los Angeles Region, September 2021
- Newmark Best Year Ever Award 2020
- California Department of Real Estate Broker’s License
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- California Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers
- Appraisal Institute, Candidate for Designation
- Associations of Realtors: National and West San Gabriel Valley
Johnson graduated from University of Southern California, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Real Estate Finance.