John Shaunfield, an Executive Managing Director in Newmark’s Dallas office, has accumulated over 28 years’ experience in commercial real estate and executive level corporate management. John joined Newmark in 2008 when it acquired Predium, a local firm where he was a partner. His success continued, and in 2009 he was recognized by Newmark as its National Broker of the Year.
John’s expertise and reputation as a leader in the D/FW real estate market has led several companies, including Huawei Technologies, Air Liquide, SCOR Re-Insurance, Reddy Ice, Exco Resources and Systemware, to use him in securing their headquarters locations. He has also assisted clients with significant transactions in key locations for TXU, Kimley-Horn & Associates, Corporate Express, HealthSouth Corporation and Tektronix. Many clients have engaged John’s ability to understand a company’s needs and translate that into a real estate strategy in overseeing their entire portfolios.
John’s professional career extends beyond commercial real estate. He was the vice president of operations for Vianet Technologies, Inc. (VNTK) until early 2002. During his tenure, he was responsible for the finance, accounting, legal and operational aspects of the organization. John created the first “working” company budgets, renegotiated contracts with existing vendors, established the employee benefits package, and organized the move from three separate facilities into one central location.
Before and after his tenure with Vianet, John was the managing partner with a Dallas-headquartered national commercial real estate firm. During this time he helped implement the company’s conversion from a local real estate business to a national corporate services real estate firm. He was responsible for the establishment of policies and procedures, management of the portfolio account team, and negotiation of lease contracts for clients throughout the United States.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative:
- 1400 Broadway, New York, NY, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy: 110,000 SF
- 2300 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, CA, Huawei Technologies: 250,000 SF
- 5700 Tennyson Parkway, Plano, TX, Huawei Technologies: 150,000 SF
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- 1920 Wekiva Way, West Palm Beach, FL: 45,000 SF
- 15301 Dallas Parkway, Addison, TX, Systemware: 53,000 SF
- 14241 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX, Fuel Rewards: 50,000 SF
Partial Client List
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- MillerCoors Company
- Huawei Technologies
- Air Liquide
- SCOR Re-Insurance
- Reddy Ice
- Kimley-Horn & Associates
- Exco Resources
- Power Broker, D CEO Magazine, 2010-2018
- Heavy Hitters, Dallas Business Journal, 2005-2012
- Valued Partner Award, Huawei Technologies
- National Broker of the Year, Newmark, 2009
- Top 35 Under 35, Black’s Guide
- Broker of the Year, Mohr Partners, 2005 and 2006
- President’s Award, Mohr Partners, 1995
John earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance and Real Estate and Urban Land Development from the University of Texas, Austin.