John Davies currently serves as a Managing Director in Newmark’s Hong Kong office and has more than 25 years’ experience working in both Hong Kong and the United Kingdom commercial real estate markets.
Davies embarked on his Hong Kong commercial real estate career in 2000, initially covering office leasing and most recently investment transactions. He has detailed knowledge of the property landscape, especially in the office and industrial sectors.
Davies came to Newmark after serving as an Executive Director Head of Kowloon Office Services and Head of Industrial Services for Colliers Hong Kong, where he was responsible for leasing and investment advisory. Previously, Davies served as an Executive Director for 14 years at CBRE Hong Kong, six years at Jones Land LaSalle Hong Kong and two years at Jones Lang LaSalle United Kingdom.
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- 512,342 SF office purchase on behalf of a multinational owner occupier
- 227,210 SF industrial purchase on behalf of a regional asset manager
- 207,555 SF office purchase on behalf global asset investment manager
- 195,881 SF office purchase on behalf of a Hong Kong core investor
- 7,083 SF prime Central retail on behalf of a pre-eminent global luxury retail brand
Partial List of Lease Transactions
- 503,000 SF new letting for a multinational insurance and financial services provider
- 350,000 SF rent review on behalf of a global financial services firm
- 140,000 SF lease renewal and expansion for multinational engineering firm
Partial List of Landlord Representation Projects Lease Transactions
- 2.0 million SF international marketing agents for International Commerce Centre
- 1.97 million SF leasing agents for Two International Finance Centre
- 1.369 million SF joint leasing agent for One and Two Landmark East
Partial Client List – Investors
Manulife International, Hang Seng Real Estate, CBRE Global Investors, ARA Asset Management SilkRoad Property Partners, InfraRed Capital Partners, Pamfleet Group, Angelo Gordon, Chelsfield, JPMorgan Real Estate, Kerry Properties.
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, UK (1997)
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (2001)
Davies received a Bachelor of Science Degree (Hons) in Estate Management from the University of Glamorgan.