John Chobanian is a Vice President with Newmark’s Debt & Structured Finance group based in the Tysons office. He joined Newmark’s predecessor firm in 2017 and partners with three senior producers on transaction origination, underwriting and management across a variety of capital sources, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, banks, life companies and fund investors. Since joining Newmark, Chobanian has played an integral role in structuring over $5 billion of structured financings on behalf of the Firm’s clients.
Prior to joining the Firm, Chobanian worked as a senior associate in PricewaterhouseCooper’s assurance practice, working with real estate investment trusts, lodging and development companies and national asset management firms.
- Licensee, Certified Public Accountant, Virginia Board of Accountancy (VBOA)
- Member, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- Member, Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Trustee, Becket Family of Services & Mountain Valley Treatment Center
Chobanian graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Robins School of Business at the University of Richmond, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration for accounting.