CA RE License #01443182
Joe Hamilton is the executive managing director of Corporate Advisory Services for Newmark. In this role, Mr. Hamilton focuses on assisting clients with the development of their real estate strategies, their portfolio optimization and with headquarters planning (strategically as well as financially).
Mr. Hamilton recently served as a member of the board of directors and as treasurer of the Northern California Chapter of CoreNet Global. He is currently a member of the board’s Programs Committee and he is a frequent industry speaker and contributor of articles to many different industry publications. He is a member of the CoreNet Global faculty and is a recipient of the Luminary Award, which recognizes him as a top nationally rated CoreNet speaker. He has recently made presentations to numerous regional CoreNet chapters throughout the country regarding corporate headquarters planning and disposition methodologies.
During the last three years, Mr. Hamilton has directly managed the successful completion of over 6.0 million square feet of Silicon Valley corporate headquarters transactions, with total consideration exceeding $1.5 billion. He was recognized as the number two broker in all of Silicon Valley by the Silicon Valley Business Journal in 2012 and in March 2014, Mr. Hamilton had the honor of being inducted into the Association of Silicon Valley Brokers Hall of Fame.
Several of Mr. Hamilton’s recent deals have made a considerable impact upon the local community as well as some of the most prominently branded companies in the world. For example:
- The recently signed 425,000-square-foot Uber headquarters build-to-suit joint venture with ARE in Mission Bay, San Francisco, alongside an additional long term-lease for 77,600 square feet at 685 Market Street, also in San Francisco.
- The acquisition by Uber of the 380,000-square-foot Oakland Uptown Station Development.
- The Facebook Menlo Park headquarters transaction, which included more than 1.0 million square feet and was completed in 2011, was named Deal of the Year by the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
- The acquisition by Facebook of the TE Connectivity Campus and the adjacent 58.3 acres to add to its Menlo Park headquarters.
- The Informatica headquarters purchase was recognized and featured in the Wall Street Journal as the National Property Report Deal of the Week on February 28, 2012.
Other recent significant transactions completed by Mr. Hamilton include:
- Roche, Palo Alto: 966,000 SF
- LinkedIn, Sunnyvale: 588,000 SF
- Nvidia, Santa Clara: 500,000 SF
- Linked In, Mountain View: 377,000 SF
- Informatica, Redwood City: 290,000 SF
- Life Technologies, Foster City: 280,000 SF
- Life Technologies, South San Francisco: 205,000 SF
- Atmel Corporation, San Jose: 200,000 SF
Partial Client List
Mr. Hamilton is a proven market leader with an impressive background. He has taken on a wide variety of executive leadership roles in a variety of professions, including real estate, finance and professional services. Prior to joining Newmark’s Global Corporate Services Group in 2007, Mr. Hamilton was the senior managing director at Liberty-Greenfield California. In 2003 he opened Liberty-Greenfield’s Silicon Valley office and helped build the firm’s successful track record in the Northern California market. Prior to Liberty-Greenfield, Mr. Hamilton was president and chief operating officer of Citigate Cunningham. He also served as chief financial officer, chief administrative officer and as a member of the board of directors for Grubb & Ellis Company, which was a New York Stock Exchange listed national real estate firm.
Mr. Hamilton received a master’s degree in business administration and finance from the University of California, Berkeley. He also holds a Master of Science degree in applied mathematics and operations research from the School of Engineering at Columbia University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics from Fordham University.