Jim Vondran joined Newmark at the Cincinnati office in 2016. Mr. Vondran and his team specialize in the disposition of income producing office, industrial and retail assets in secondary Midwest markets. An experienced problem solver, he has earned a reputation among clients and colleagues for his ability to underwrite and close complex deals. He serves as a trusted advisor to private capital and institutional owners and developers and major corporations and is widely respected as one of Greater Cincinnati’s foremost industry experts.
Mr. Vondran leads one of the region’s most successful capital markets groups, covering the spectrum of specialties including office, industrial, retail and medical assets. He and his team also work collaboratively with Newmark’s Midwest-based leasing teams on many of their complex, high-profile assignments. Mr. Vondran’s team-based, 360-degree approach and extensive experience advising a wide range of institutional and private equity investors has repeatedly proven to be essential to achieving maximum sales proceeds.
Mr. Vondran joined Newmark after more than 12 years at CBRE, where he began as a leasing broker in 2004. In 2006, he partnered with Keith Yearout to lead CBRE’s Cincinnati Commercial Private Capital Group, where he played an integral role in growing the team’s Midwest presence. His successes at CBRE lead him to advance to the role of vice president Investment Properties Group. Mr. Vondran and his team sold close to $1 billon of office, industrial/flex, and retail and investment properties.
- Top Producers Club, Commercial Real Estate Council of Greater Cincinnati (CRECGC), 2006, 2007 and 2012 - 2015
- Most Outstanding Transaction, CRECGC, 2007
- Regularly featured as an industry expert, Cincinnati Business Courier and Cincinnati Enquirer
- Regularly featured as the Cincinnati Business Courier’s Deal of the Week
- Midwest Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame
- Member, National, Ohio and Greater Cincinnati Area Board of REALTORS®
- Member, University of Cincinnati Real Estate Executive Advisory Committee
- Member, Indian Hill Winter Club Board of Trustees
- Member, USA Hockey
- Sponsor, Cincinnati Ballet
Mr. Vondran is active in the Cincinnati community and volunteers with groups including USA Hockey, Cincinnati Ballet, University of Cincinnati and Indian Hill Winter Club. He resides in an eastern suburb of Cincinnati with his wife, Bethany, and their two children, Chase and Sasha.
Mr. Vondran earned a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Bowling Green State University.