Jim Canfield joined Newmark in 2022 as an executive managing director when the company acquired McCall & Almy, Inc., a Boston-based commercial real estate firm specializing in tenant representation and institutional advisory assignments. With over 30-years of experience, he works with many of the largest employers in New England, including long standing relationships with Mass General Brigham Incorporated, Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, and Massport – among other Commonwealth organizations.
In addition to his extensive commitment to Commercial Real estate, Jim has served or is serving on a variety of professional and philanthropic organizations. Jim currently serves as Vice Chair, MGH Institute of Health Professions (IHP) Development Committee Chair, IHP. He previously served as President of the Real Estate Finance Association of Boston and as Chair of the over 7,000-member Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB).
Jim is currently a Director of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB), a member of its Champion Society, Governance Committee and Diversity Subcommittee and a past Chair of BGCB’s Board of Trustees. Jim also serves on the Real Estate Subcommittee of the Archdiocese of Boston Finance Council and as a Member of the Mass General Brigham Corporation.
Partial Client List
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston
- Mass General Brigham
- UMass Boston / UMass Building Authority
- Broker of the Year Finalist, 2014, 2015
- Chairman, Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB), 2011-2012
- Chairman of Political Action Committee, GBREB, 2012-2013
- President, Real Estate Finance Association (REFA), 2004
- Executive Committee & President, The Business Associates Club, 2001-2006
- Director, Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston (BGCB)
- Champion Society, Diversity and Governance Committees, BGCB
- Vice Chair, MGH Institute of Health Professions (IHP)
- Development Committee Chair, IHP
- Member, Real Estate Committee Archdiocese of Boston Finance Council
- Member, Mass General Brigham Corporation
Jim holds a B.A. in economics from Colby College.