A founding partner of Newmark’s Retail division, Jeffrey Roseman serves as a Vice Chairman at the company’s New York headquarters. Roseman is a top producer for the firm and widely acknowledged as an industry leader in landlord and tenant representation. Roseman has assisted numerous retailers in their expansion strategies both nationally and internationally. He has also worked on behalf of some of the country’s most active developers and landlords. In his more than 25-year career, he has completed transactions totaling more than 10 million square feet of retail space, with a value in excess of $2 billion.
Currently, Roseman represents property owners that include Fosun, Benenson Capital Partners, Reading International, RPW Group, Skyline Developers and The Stahl Organization as well as retailers such as Angelika Theaters, Blink Fitness, Blue Bottle Coffee, Republic Bank and Tender Greens.
Roseman has been responsible for some of New York City’s highest-profile retail deals, including:
- Conversion of the 75,000 SF former Bowery Savings Bank on 42nd Street into the legendary Cipriani event space.
- Room & Board’s 60,000 SF at 17th Street in Chelsea.
- Barneys New York’s 55,000 SF return to its original Seventh Avenue and 17th Street location.
- Cinemex Theaters’ first New York City location, 50,000 SF at First Avenue and 62nd Street. Additionally, spearheading its entire U.S. entry, with 10 locations and counting.
- The first Whole Foods New York City location, 50,000 SF on Seventh Avenue in Chelsea.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s 40,000 SF at 28 Liberty.
- Legends Hospitality Group’s 35,000 SF at 28 Liberty.
- The National Basketball Association’s (NBA’s) 25,000 SF flagship on Fifth Avenue and 45th Street.
- Equinox Fitness Clubs’ flagship locations at 315 Park Avenue South, One Park Avenue, 420 Lexington Avenue, 588 Broadway and 897 Broadway.
- The successful marketing and leasing campaign at 625 Madison Avenue, with retailers Canali, Diesel, Fratelli Rossetti, Lavo restaurant and Philipp Plein.
- Tiffany’s flagship downtown location at 37 Wall Street.
Roseman is a four (4) time winner of the Real Estate Board of New York’s (REBNY’s) Retail Deal of the Year award for the following transactions:
- The successful marketing and leasing of the 200,000 SF Harlem USA Project, which restored 125th Street in Harlem as a significant retail corridor.
- Whole Foods’ first and flagship store in New York City, located at Seventh Avenue and 24th Street, which has forever changed the way New York City residents buy groceries.
- The revitalization of West 14th Street with Guitar Center’s first New York City location.
- Leasing the entire building “where the ball drops on New Year’s Eve,” the world-famous One Times Square, to Walgreens.
A frequent lecturer and advisor to the media on all aspects of retail real estate, Roseman has appeared on The Fox Network, CNBC, NY1, CUNY Network and Bloomberg Radio. Roseman is a member of REBNY, The Retail Real Estate Board of New York and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). He also sits on the boards of a number of charities.