Jeff Schotz joined Newmark in 2018 as an Executive Managing Director in the company’s Rutherford, New Jersey, office where he heads up the ownership services group. Schotz most recently served as an Executive Vice President at SJP Properties, one of the New York region’s leading real estate development companies. In this role, Schotz was responsible for overseeing the leasing and marketing activities for SJP’s multimillion-square-foot portfolio of Class A office buildings and build-to-suit properties in suburban New Jersey and New York City. Additionally, Schotz was responsible for all new business development and the coordination of all marketing activities for SJP’s corporate brand, managing a team of in-house marketing and leasing professionals as well as third-party public relations and advertising vendors.
A distinguished 40+year commercial real estate veteran, Schotz has held positions with some of the region’s leading real estate firms, including The Mack Company (now Mack-Cali), where he was a partner in charge of leasing, and Alfred Sanzari Enterprises, where he began his career and rose to become Vice President of Leasing. Schotz has been involved in the leasing of more than 35 million square feet of transactions with many of the world’s premier corporations.
In addition, Schotz previously led two of New Jersey’s leading commercial real estate brokerage firms, CBRE and Colliers International.
Partial List of Major Lease Transactions
As a landlord representative
- Somerset Corporate Centers III and IV, Bridgewater, NJ: Bausch Health corporate headquarters, 620,000 SF
- Mack Centre VI, Paramus, NJ: Toys “R” Us corporate headquarters, 265,000 SF
- 11 Times Square, New York, NY: Microsoft Corp., 206,000 SF
- Waterfront Corporate Center, Hoboken, NJ: Pearson Education, 204,000 SF
- Waterfront Corporate Center, Hoboken, NJ: Ernst & Young, 168,000 SF
- Glenpointe Centre West, Teaneck, NJ: Mutual of New York (MONY), 106,000 SF
- 11 Times Square, New York, NY: Moore Capital, 100,000 SF
- Waterfront Corporate Center, Hoboken, NJ: Newell Brands, 100,000 SF
Partial List of Corporate Office Parks Represented
- Morris Corporate Center, Parsippany, NJ: 2.2 million SF, 5 buildings
- Somerset Corporate Center, Bridgewater, NJ: 1.3 million SF, 5 buildings
- 11 Times Square, New York, NY: 1.1 million SF
- Glenpointe, Teaneck, NJ: 670,000 SF, 3 buildings
- Mack Centre VI and VII, Paramus, NJ: 500,000 SF
- Hall of Fame, NAIOP New Jersey, 2015
- Real Estate Man of the Year, March of Dimes Northern NJ, 2012
- Member and former member of the board of trustees, NAIOP New Jersey Chapter
- Member, Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association (IOREBA)
- Member, CoreNet Global New Jersey Chapter
- Member, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Member, Commerce and Industry Association of Jersey (CIANJ)
- Member, Newark Regional Business Partnership (NRBP)
- Licensed New Jersey real estate salesperson
- Trustee, Jimmy Hersh Family Fund
Schotz earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).