An accomplished real estate professional, Henry Kobrin joined Newmark in 2000 and currently serves as an Executive Managing Director in the firm’s Manhattan headquarters. With more than 40 years in the industry, Kobrin has extensive experience on the service provider, brokerage and corporate real estate sides. His more than 20 years on the corporate side give him a unique perspective to his brokerage efforts in all areas of real estate, cost-reduction analysis, strategic and tactical planning and project management.
Over the course of his career, Kobrin has negotiated some of the most complex, sophisticated and significant real estate transactions in multiple markets across the U.S. He is responsible for delivering and managing Newmark’s domestic and global service platform for several clients, including Interpublic Group of Companies, parent company of some of the most well-known advertising and marketing services agencies; DeVry University; and Hub International insurance, one of the largest insurance brokerage firms in North America. To date, Kobrin has successfully negotiated more than 200 million square feet of leasing and sales transactions worth several billion dollars, in hundreds of markets around the world.
Kobrin focuses on developing an enhanced level of service for corporate clients, including the development of intricate real estate strategies that align business unit requirements with overall corporate objectives. He understands the connection between the operational needs of business units and corporate strategy and the efficient utilization of real estate.
Prior to Newmark, Kobrin served for 15 years as Vice President of Real Estate with Reliance Group Holdings Inc., the parent company of Reliance Insurance. In this position, Kobrin ran the company’s real estate department and its subsidiaries, which have approximately 500 offices worldwide. Kobrin has also worked as a corporate real estate executive with some of the most prominent corporations in the country, such as Shearson Lehman/American Express and JPMorgan Chase.
- DeVry – Sale of 200,000 SF in Fremont, 100,000 SF in Pomona, 80,000 SF, 200,000 SF and an 18-acre campus and 135,000 SF (two buildings) in Chicago, 60,000 SF in Dallas, 60,000 SF in Addison, IL, 50,000 SF in Mesquite, TX, 50,000 SF in San Jose, CA, 100,000 SF in Miramar, FL, and 190,000 SF in Fremont, CA
- Hub International – 40,000 SF in New York City, 60,000 SF on Long Island, 40,000 SF in Riverside, CA, 100,000 SF in Chicago and 35,000 SF in Los Angeles
- IPG, Los Angeles – 150,000 SF in Century City, 160,000 SF in Playa Vista, 40,000 SF in El Segundo and 30,000 SF in the CBD
- IPG, Michigan – 95,000 SF and 80,000 SF in Birmingham and 75,000 SF in the Detroit CBD
- IPG, San Francisco – 250,000 SF
- IPG, St. Louis – 60,000 SF for Momentum and FCB
- IPG, Minneapolis – 200,000 SF
- Mullen, Winston Salem, NC – 40,000 SF
- Reliance Insurance, Downtown New York City – 400,000 SF
- Reliance National – Various in London, Mexico City, South Africa, Tokyo, Singapore, etc. totaling 150,000 SF
- Reliant Insurance, Cleveland – 140,000 SF
- Global Corporate Services Broker of the Year, Newmark, 2015
Kobrin earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Queens College, where he has also completed numerous graduate courses. Additionally, he has completed a number of advanced real estate courses at New York University. Kobrin is a long-standing member of CoreNet.