Hal Stein leads Newmark’s Lower Manhattan office. As one of the firm’s leading real estate advisors, Mr. Stein is charged with strengthening and expanding Newmark’s downtown presence. He is highly experienced in both tenant and owner representation. To date, Mr. Stein has negotiated lease transactions in excess of 6.0 million square feet on behalf of tenants and owners.
SELECT TENANT REPRESENTATION EXPERIENCE:
- Morgan Stanley - 1.1 million SF (REBNY Ingenious Deal of the Year, 2012)
- HIP - 555,000 SF (NAIOP Deal of the Year, 2003)
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed - 226,000 SF
- Legal Aid Society - 135,000 SF
- BGC Partners - 72,000 SF
- AIG - 68,000 SF
- Odyssey Reinsurance - 45,000 SF
- Protiviti - 42,000 SF
- Robert Half International - 40,000 SF
- Computer Generated Solutions - 40,000 SF
- HIP - 40,000 SF
SELECT OWNER REPRESENTATION EXPERIENCE:
- Brookfield Office Properties - 2.4 million SF
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. - 2.0 million SF
- Savanna Partners - 1.5 million SF (80 Broad Street, 110 William Street)
- Goldman Sachs - 1.4 million SF
- AmTrust Realty Corporation - 1.0 million SF
- SL Green - 1.0 million SF
- Callahan/Ivanhoe Cambridge - 1.0 million SF
- RXR Realty - 600,000 SF
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange - 500,000 SF
- Northwood Investors - 400,000 SF
Mr. Stein was designated a CoStar Power Broker in 2012 and 2013. In addition, Mr. Stein was named to Real Estate Forum’s “50 Under 40” national list in 2016. Mr. Stein was also ranked 17th by The Real Deal in its 2016 list of Top Manhattan Office Leasing Brokers.
Outside of his professional pursuits, Mr. Stein is active with the COPE Foundation and Bulldogs Care.
Mr. Stein attended The University of Maryland and has continued his education and real estate career development at New York University’s School of Continuing Education.
He resides in Roslyn, Long Island, with his wife and two children.