Gregory T. Curtis, MAI, serves as an Executive Vice President in Newmark Valuation & Advisory’s Boston, MA office. Curtis brings to his position 20 years of valuation and advisory experience. He has performed valuations on a wide variety of properties, including multifamily, apartment complexes, retail centers, office buildings, office/lab, industrial properties, and special use properties. As a Northeast team leader for the Litigation Support & Consulting specialty practice, he specializes in appraisals for tax appeals, condemnations, litigation and open space/land preservation.
Significant Valuation Assignments
- Office: Numerous Class A high-rise towers throughout Downtown Boston, Seaport District, Back Bay, and suburban office campuses.
- Lab: Numerous existing and proposed office/labs in Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, Waltham, Watertown and other Greater Boston communities
- Multifamily: Actively appraises Class A apartment buildings in Boston and throughout New England.
- Land: Several of the most prominent development sites throughout Greater Boston that are proposed for mixed-use campuses, multifamily developments, office/lab buildings, and industrial buildings.
- Parking Garages: Numerous parking garages throughout Boston
- Retail: Numerous big-box and net leased drug stores.
Additionally, Curtis’ special use assignments have involved the valuation of numerous self-storage facilities, commercial and debris transfer recycling facilities, airplane hangars, recreational facilities, and open/space conservation land. Curtis actively completes appraisals as an expert witness for litigation matters.
Licenses and Designations
– Licensed general real estate appraiser in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the States of Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island and New Hampshire
– MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
– Additionally, Curtis has qualified as an expert before the Massachusetts Appellate Tax Board, New Hampshire Board of Tax and Land Appeals, Connecticut Superior Court, and the State of Maine Board of Property Tax
– Active member, Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapter - Appraisal Institute.
Curtis served as the President of the Chapter in 2019. He has also served on its Leadership Development Advisory Council. Curtis served as the chapter’s Vice President in 2018, Treasurer in 2017 and Secretary in 2016, and from 2012 to 2013, he served on its Board of Directors.
– Board of Directors for the Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Maine Chapter of the Appraisal Institute (2022-2024)
Curtis is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he earned a Bachelor of Mass Communications degree. He has also successfully completed numerous real estate and valuation courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities, and others.