George J. Geranios, MAI, serves as a Senior Vice President in Newmark Valuation & Advisory’s San Jose office. As a Northern California team leader for the Litigation Support & Consulting specialty practice, he specializes in appraisals for tax appeals, condemnations, litigation and open space/land preservation. Geranios is a 38-plus-year commercial real estate veteran with substantial expertise in the appraisal of income-producing properties, including office, industrial, retail, automobile dealerships and land. He also provides services for market rent and market sales transactions.
Prior to Newmark, Geranios served for over 14 years at Cushman & Wakefield (C&W), most recently as valuation & advisory’s senior director. Geranios was a member of its retail specialty practice, focusing on the valuation of automobile dealerships, sports and entertainment facilities, and restaurants, along with valuations for tax appeals.
Prior to C&W, Geranios was the director of marketing for Colliers Investment Services Group in Silicon Valley, where he was responsible for financial analysis, preparation of marketing proposals, and offering memoranda for institutional properties valued in excess of $10 million. During the 1980s, he was a commercial broker for Cushman & Wakefield in Silicon Valley, specializing in the leasing of office/research and development buildings.
- Northern California Gameball Award, Cushman & Wakefield, 2010
- Northern California Achievement Award for the Top New Assignment, Cushman & Wakefield, 2004 (This assignment was the development of Santa Clara County’s master real estate plan.)
- Northern California Service Excellence Award, Cushman & Wakefield, 1997
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, state of California (#AG011942)
- Additionally, Geranios has qualified as an expert appraiser in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California in the Oakland division and a real estate valuation expert before the Superior Courts of Santa Clara and Solano Counties
Geranios earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Hellenic College. He has also completed the requirements of the Appraisal Institute’s continuing education program.