CA Appraiser License #AG011942
George J. Geranios, MAI, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2017 and serves as a senior vice president in the company’s San Jose office. George is a 38-plus-year commercial real estate veteran with substantial expertise in the appraisal of income-producing properties, including office, industrial, retail, automobile dealerships and land. He also provides services for market rent and market sales transactions.
Prior to Newmark, George was a senior director of Valuation & Advisory in Cushman & Wakefield’s San Jose office. George was a member of Cushman & Wakefield’s Retail specialty practice and also specializes in the valuation of automobile dealerships, tax appeal, sports and entertainment facilities, and restaurants. George became a senior director in 2014, after eight years as a director. He joined Cushman & Wakefield as an associate director in 2003.
Prior to C&W, George was the director of marketing for Colliers Investment Services Group in Silicon Valley, where he was responsible for financial analysis and the preparation of marketing proposals and offering memoranda for institutional properties valued in excess of $10 million. During the 1980s, he was a commercial broker for Cushman & Wakefield in Silicon Valley, specializing in the leasing of office/research and development buildings.
- Northern California Gameball Award, Cushman & Wakefield, 2010
- Northern California Achievement Award for the Top New Assignment, Cushman & Wakefield, 2004 (This assignment was the development of Santa Clara County’s master real estate plan.)
- Northern California Service Excellence Award, Cushman & Wakefield, 1997
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, state of California
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Additionally, George has qualified as an expert appraiser in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California in the Oakland division and a real estate valuation expert in the Santa Clara County Superior Court in connection with a shopping center litigagtion.
Mr. Geranios earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Hellenic College. He has also completed the requirements of the Appraisal Institute’s continuing education program.