CA RE License #01720416
Eric Bluestein is a 20-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry with a focus on advising life science and technology companies, and real estate developers and investors. Eric joined Newmark in 2021 as Executive Managing Director and serves as the leader of Newmark’s National Life Science Practice Group. He aligns closely with the Newmark Capital Markets Northern California team to augment the firm’s full-scale advisory services within the life science and tech sectors.
Prior to joining Newmark, Eric was Executive Vice President, Partner and a Top Producer at Kidder Mathews. Bluestein’s extensive sales and leadership experience has made him a long-term partner to his clients, ranging from Fortune 500 to startup companies, where he and his team customize and execute creative real estate strategies. Eric is well-renowned as a life science real estate specialist who has become a go-to resource to many notable publications including The Wall Street Journal, Business Journals, SF Chronicle, BisNow, Costar, and the Real Deal, among others.
Bluestein has managed the successful completion of leasing and sales transactions totaling 10 million square feet worth more than $5 billion in consideration.
Partial List Includes
- Southline, South San Francisco, +/-2,800,000 SF
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities Portfolio, San Francisco, +/-1,200,000 SF
- Wareham Development Portfolio, Emeryville/Berkeley, +/-1,000,000 SF
- Bayer Healthcare, Richmond, 355,000 SF/53-acre sale
- Exelixis, South San Francisco/Alameda, 320,000 SF
- San Mateo Science Center, 265,000 SF
- Metagenomi, Emeryville, 135,000 SF
- Ascendis Pharma, Palo Alto/Redwood City, 125,000 SF
- Hongzhou Silicon Valley Innovation Center, San Jose, 112, 000 SF
- State Grid of China, San Jose, 95,000 SF
- NIO, San Jose, 85,000 SF
- Grail, Menlo Park, 72,000 SF
- Bristol Myers Squib, Hayward, 70,000 SF
- Inflammatix, Redwood City/Sunnyvale, 60,000 SF
- Amgen, Fremont, 50,000
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City, 38,850 SF
- Member of Board of Trustees, The Charles Armstrong School
- CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member), Northern California Chapter
Bluestein holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, with a certificate in environmental studies.