Elise A. Couston, SIOR, joined Newmark in 2014 and currently serves as a senior managing director in the Chicago O’Hare office. With 32 years of real estate experience, Ms. Couston brings to Newmark significant knowledge of industrial and commercial sales, leasing, business park development, build-to-suit and marketing expertise. Prior to joining Newmark, Ms. Couston was a principal with Paine/Wetzel Associates for 15 years.
Ms. Couston’s representative clients include: Acme Distribution; Arrow Plastic Manufacturing; Bison Gear and Engineering; Crown Community Development and Crown Consolidated Industries; Duke Realty; DuPage Precision Products; IDI Gazeley; Import Logistics, Inc.; Liberty Property Trust; McShane Development; Opus Corporation; and Venture One.
Ms. Couston is also very active in leading the real estate community’s charitable endeavors. She heads the charitable committee of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors’ (SIOR’s) Chicago Chapter and is responsible for its annual fundraising to benefit the Ada S. McKinley Trunk Scholarship Program. Ms. Couston also co-chairs the Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers’ (AIRE’s) annual food drive and Toys for Tots fundraisers. In addition, she is a founding board member for the Cynthia L. Bischof Memorial Foundation and was instrumental in facilitating the passage of Cindy’s Law in 2009.
- Chicago Power Women in Commercial Real Estate, Crain’s, 2019
- President’s Award for Community Services, SIOR National, 2018
- Largest Industrial Sale Transaction, SIOR Chicago, 2017
- Largest Industrial Investment Transaction, SIOR Chicago, 2017
- Richard Levy President’s Award, SIOR Chicago, 2016
- Largest Land Transaction, SIOR Chicago, 2015
- Largest Land Transaction, SIOR Chicago, 2014
- Top 50 Power Women in Chicago, Bisnow, 2014
- Hall of Fame Recipient, Midwest Real Estate News, 2010
- Largest Industrial Transaction, locally and nationally (Macy’s Distribution Center), SIOR, 2007
- Top 40 Over 40 Real Estate Professionals, Midwest Real Estate News, 2006
- Top Broker of the Year, First Industrial Real Estate Trust, 2005
- Board member and officer, SIOR Chicago, 2005 - present; chapter president, 2014
- Industrial Insider columnist, Chicago Industrial Properties, 2014 - present
- Ask the Experts columnist, Benuzzi’s Industrial Guide, 2003 - 2013
- President, Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE), 1994
- Member, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- Member, NAIOP