Desmond Kong serves as a Valuation Associate for Newmark Valuation & Advisory in the firm’s Edmonton office. Kong supports the valuation team through collection and data analysis, but also with creation and maintenance of the infrastructure the team uses on a daily basis. In his 6 years supporting real estate valuation and advisory, he has worked on a diverse range of portfolios including the following:
- Singular properties to 100+ property portfolios
- Properties in the Greater Edmonton Area as well as across Northern Alberta, and other parts of Western Canada
- Retail strips, automotive dealerships, and neighborhood enclosed malls
- Suburban offices, and Downtown office towers
- Residential development land, multifamily walk-ups, and mixed-use residential high-rises
- Industrial warehousing, manufacturing, and distribution buildings
Prior to joining Newmark, Kong was a Consulting Analyst with Cushman and Wakefield.
Kong earned a Bachelor of Commerce in Management Studies at MacEwan University. He currently is enrolled in the Postgraduate Certification in Real Property Valuation at the University of British Columbia, and is a Candidate Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada.