David J. Zimmer, SIOR, FRICS, is Newmark Zimmer’s Vice Chairman. His primary duties include industrial and commercial real estate asset management and brokerage of properties owned by third-party clients. Zimmer began his professional career with The Vantage Companies in Dallas, Texas in 1979. He returned to Kansas City in 1983 and joined Zimmer Real Estate Services, now affiliated with Newmark.
Partial Client List:
- Bayer Corporation
- BMS Logistics, Inc.
- Calamar, Inc.
- DHL/Exel Logistics
- Grantham University
- Hallmark Cards, Incorporated
- Lathrop GPM
- Russell Stover Chocolates, LLC
- International SIOR president, 2011 – 2012
- President, SIOR Educational Foundation, 2007
- CEO of the Year, ONCOR International, 2005
- President, SIOR Western Missouri-Kansas Chapter, 1998
- Commercial Realtor of the Year, Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors (KCRAR), 1995
- Member, Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors (KCRAR); President, 1994
- Realtor/Salesperson of the Year, KCRAR, 1992
- Member, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR);
- Trustee, SIOR Educational Foundation, 2001 – present
- Fellow, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Licensed Missouri and Kansas real estate broker
- Supervisor, North Kansas City Levee District, 2014 – present
- Trustee, Linscomb Foundation, 2014 – present
Zimmer earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Texas Christian University.