David Schwarz, CCIM, is a Vice Chairman and leader of the Newmark Capital Markets office in Houston. His responsibilities include debt originations, joint venture/equity placement and investor relations.
An 18-year veteran of the real estate investment banking industry, Schwarz has originated and been involved in more than $22.0 billion in commercial real estate assignments representing over 820 multifamily and commercial real estate transactions. He specializes in originating debt with government-sponsored enterprises (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA), life insurance companies, Wall Street sources, banks and debt funds. He also has experience arranging and structuring joint venture equity partnerships as well as mezzanine and preferred equity investments for sponsors for commercial real estate throughout the United States.
Prior to joining Newmark, Schwarz was a Vice President of Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, LLC (formerly Live Oak Capital). In this capacity, he represented private and institutional clients nationwide and was one of the top originators in the company.
A Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) since 2008, Schwarz is a past president of the CCIM Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter and served on its board of directors from 2008 to 2015. He is also a licensed real estate broker in the state of Texas and a member of the Texas Real Estate Commission, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) and International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
A sixth-generation Houstonian, Schwarz served as a city councilman with the city of Hilshire Village. He has been married for more than 17 years and has three children. He and his family are partners with Grace Bible Church, he is an active board member of Stoney Creek Ranch and he is a member of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Mutton Bustin’ Committee, which supports college scholarships for Texas youth.
- Heavy Hitter, Houston Business Journal, 2019-2022
- Newmark’s Chairman’s Circle, 2018-2023
- Top Mortgage Brokers and Lenders, Connect CRE, 2021 & 2022
- Top 25 National Rainmaker Team, Real Estate Forum, 2015-2018
- Chairman’s Award, Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, 2013
- President’s Cup - Tier 1 Third Place, CCIM Institute, 2013
- 20 Under 40 Rising Stars, Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR), 2012
- Member, Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)
- Member, National Multifamily Houston Council (NMHC)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Past president, CCIM Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter; board of directors, 2008-2015
- Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy, 2014
- Landmark Awards Judge, Houston Business Journal, 2013
- Licensed Texas Real Estate Broker
- CCIM designation, CCIM Institute, 2008
- Partner of Grace Bible Church
- Board Member of Stoney Creek Ranch, 2020 - present
- Co-Chairman, Stoney Creek Ranch’s Round Up Gala, 2023
- City councilman for the city of Hilshire Village, Texas, 2019 - 2023
- Mutton Bustin’ Committee, Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, 2013-present
- Baylor Alumni Association Life Member
- Investor advisory team, nCourage Kids, 2019-2022
- Toolbox Ministries Host Partner, 2019-2023
- Chairman, Free the Captives Annual Luncheon, 2019
- Stewards of the Wild Committee, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, 2014-2018
- Director of MUD 539, 2019 – present
Schwarz graduated from Baylor University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in entrepreneurship and marketing.