David Friedman is an executive managing director with Newmark in San Francisco. With more than 30 years of experience in retail real estate, Mr. Friedman is an expert in the development and execution of strategic plans for retailers, including market analysis, site selection, transaction management and lease negotiations.
Among Mr. Friedman’s clients is Round One Entertainment, Japan’s leading family-friendly chain of amusement centers. He has represented the company since 2011, when he assisted with its U.S. introduction. He has since helped Round One to secure 40+ U.S. locations.
Mr. Friedman joined Newmark in 2019, when parent company Newmark Group, Inc., acquired RKF, a retail real estate brokerage based in New York. He joined RKF in 2005, with the establishment of the firm’s San Francisco office and national Strategic Retailer Services group.
Prior to joining RKF, Mr. Friedman was vice president of leasing and manager of the West Coast office for Taubman Centers Inc., a leading developer of shopping malls. He previously served as director of leasing for New Plan Realty Trust, responsible for a national portfolio of retail centers.
- Placed first Via Spiga shoe store in the United States
- Placed first Bose Stereo store in a U.S. mall
- Placed first Sega Entertainment store in the United States
- National expansion of Steve Madden shoes
- 20 years landlord experience with Brixmor and Taubman Centers Inc.
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Licensed real estate broker, state of California
David graduated from State University of New York, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts.