With nearly 40 years of experience in creating innovative and successful developments, including 15 years as an architect and 24 years as a development management executive, Dan Musser is a widely respected expert in the real estate industry. He currently serves as an Executive Managing Director and Principal at Newmark Zimmer, and member of the Board of Directors.
Dan’s background offers a unique perspective to development management with a Bachelor of Architecture from Kansas State University, and a graduate degree in real estate development, financial analysis, project and construction management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
In his career to date, Dan has been involved in the development of projects with a collective value of over $3.4 billion, some of the most challenging and complex real estate developments in the Midwest.
- New Johnson County Courthouse
- The Pembroke Hill School Athletic Center & Dining Hall Expansion
- New Jackson County Detention Center
- Sprint Campus – 4,100,000 SF
- NNSA/National Security Campus – 1,500,000 SF
- Infrastructure improvements for Main Street – Kansas City, Missouri
- Kansas City Zoo – Multiple Projects
- Kansas City Art Institute Student housing and Academic buildings
- Federal Reserve Bank – 600,000 SF office/operations facility
- Beacon Hill neighborhood – 90 acre new urbanist development
- Columbus Park mixed-use neighborhood
- College Basketball Experience/National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame
- Milburn Golf & Country Club Clubhouse
- Odyssey Investments – 500,000 SF Distribution Center
- Kansas City Art Institute – Executive Council and Board of Trustees
- Main Street Corridor Development Corporation (MainCor) – Executive Committee
- Kansas City Design Center – Board of Advisors
- ULI Kansas City District Council – Executive Committee
- Licensed real estate salesperson in the states of Missouri and Kansas
- Registered Architect