Dan Marcus has more than 19 years of experience in commercial real estate on Long Island, specializing in representing tenants and landlords in both industrial and office transactions. His breadth of knowledge of the industry allows him to provide strategic planning, liaison with local governments, and institute money saving solutions to a wide variety of issues.
Mr. Marcus began his real estate career with Walters and Samuels, leasing retail space in New York City. In 1999, he moved on to Grubb & Ellis, working directly with owners, brokers and clients. While at Grubb & Ellis, he was selected to serve as a member of their special strategic planning committee, which focused primarily on national assignments. From 2002-2004, Mr. Marcus worked at CB Richard Ellis Industrial Services Group, where he continued to build his substantial client base.
Dan Marcus joined Newmark in 2004 as Associate Director of the firm’s Long Island office and was promoted to Director of Brokerage and Advisory Services in 2007.
Some of the corporations Mr. Marcus has represented include: Verizon, Tritec, Mivila Foods, J.D. Posillico, Northport Printing, Michael Reilly Designs, Shea Trucking, Riverhead Building Supply and Anixter International.
Among his notable transactions:
- Ausco (Farmingdale) - 65,000 sf purchase
- Bounce (Syosset) - 52,000 sf lease
- Danbury Pharmaceutical (Farmingdale) - 48,000 sf lease
- Jennifer Convertible (Melville) - 30,000 sf lease
- Riverhead Building Supply (Hauppauge) - 40,000 sf lease
- Samson (Hauppauge) - 120,000 sf lease
- Sub Zero (Syosset) - 120,000 sf lease
- Tritec (Hauppauge) - 120,000 sf sale
- Verizon (Hauppauge) - 15,000 sf lease
- Top Industrial Sale - Suffolk award, Long Island Business News (LIBN), 2018
- Top Industrial Lease - Nassau award, Long Island Business News (LIBN), 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Top Leasing Broker award, CoStar, 2007
Mr. Marcus received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Long Island University’s College of Management.