Chris is a senior executive with Retail Occupier Services, a specialty practice within Newmark, and is responsible within the firm for integrated services delivery to retailers. Among other services provided to retailers, Retail Occupier Services:
- Provides portfolio strategy and market planning including predictive modeling for retailers with portfolios ranging from a few dozen to several thousand locations,
- opens more than 3,000,000 square feet of new retail stores annually,
- administers thousands of leases, including full rent/ bill pay, and CAM audits,
- executes more than one thousand lease renewals annually,
- coordinates more than $30mm in project management annually
- coordinates and implements integrated database, workflow management, lease administration, and GIS IT solutions
Chris is a senior retail executive with 30+ years of retail real estate and national corporate management experience. Throughout his tenure, he has served the role of developer, occupier, broker, and consultant.
During the 1990’s, Chris founded and developed the largest commercial brokerage company in Oklahoma (a Grubb & Ellis affiliate) where he served as the Managing Director of their retail services group. After selling his interest in the company in 2001, Chris joined The Standard Group, a consultancy which provided the critical functions of a retail real estate department to retailers on an outsourced basis. Clients included T-Mobile, Texas Roadhouse, Bright Now Dental, Starbucks, Jamba Juice and Buffalo Wild Wings. While serving as the account lead for Buffalo Wild Wings, he ultimately accepted a newly created position of VP/RE wherein he became responsible for Buffalo Wild Wings national expansion and portfolio management programs. Chris joined Newmark in 2012.
Areas of Specialty
- Strategic Planning
- Systems Integration
- Process Management
- New Unit Site Selection
- Asset Management
- Lease Administration
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) – CLS
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) – Candidate
Oklahoma State University: Bachelors of Science, Political Science, May 1987.