Christopher Crooks is a Senior Managing Director and Market Leader, based at the firm’s Las Vegas office. Chris and his team advise tenants, property owners and developers of office and industrial buildings in making strategic decisions that are critical to the success of their operations. Acting as a non-budgetary real estate department, the team’s high-level strategic process is designed to deliver exceptional outcomes for their clients and to maximize the value of their leased or owned real estate.
Prior to joining Newmark, Chris spent 24 years at Cresa in Boston and Washington, D.C. In his vision to expand specialty tenant representation services, he spearheaded numerous company initiatives while at Cresa, including co-founding the Armed Forces Practice Group in 2016 and an educational and cultural platform for the company’s national board of directors which he was elected to in 2014. Additionally, Chris was a Manager and Senior Associate at Heberger & Associates/Lexington Partners from 1992 to 1995, adding commercial appraisal experience to his professional arsenal.
Chris is a Civic Leader for the 555th Squadron at Nellis Air Force base and Chairman of the Military Affairs Committee for the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce. In 2016 he founded the nonprofit called Real Estate Careers for the Armed Forces (REC4AF). The nonprofit dedicates itself to hiring veterans and their families into the real estate industry. From 2006 to2017, Chris helped raise over $3 million for cancer research as Captain of Team Zipcar riding in the PanMass Challenge and in 2020 Chris shifted to supporting Real Men Wear Pink.
In his free time, Chris spends time with his wife of 27 years and his two children Matthew and Taylor. Chris enjoys cooking, cycling, reading, hiking and anything outdoors.
Partial Client List
- Somos - National Account
- Big Brokers/Big Sisters
- Drug Free Las Vegas
- Madison Square Garden
- Holland & Hart Las Vegas
- American Institute of Architects
- Las Vegas Raiders
- Most Exported International Business, 2006 and 2008
- New England Real Estate Advisor of the Year, CoreNet Global, 2007
- Largest National Account, 2005
- Consultant of the Year, 1996, 1998 and 1999
- Market Leader – Newmark Las Vegas
- Chairman – Military affairs committee, Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, 2018 - 2020
- Civic Leader (Honorary Commander) – 555th Squadron, Nellis AFB
- South Shore Hospital President’s Club, 2009-2016
- Board of directors, CoreNet Global, New England, 2007-2016
- Board of directors, Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development, 2013-2014
- Captain, Team ZipCar, PanMass Challenge for the Dana Farber Institute, raising more than $3 million since 2006
Chris earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and management from the University of Connecticut. He also completed intensive studies on the European economy, community, international finance and European-style management at the University of Limburg in Maastricht, The Netherlands.