Christopher Myers, MAI, MRICS, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2017 in the firm’s Downtown Los Angeles office. He is currently an Executive Vice President working for Miles Loo, Jr., the Global Lead for Data Centers & Life Science. Chris is responsible for conducting the underwriting and financial analysis for data center, life science and regional mall valuation and consulting assignments.
Prior to Newmark, Chris worked as a Senior Director in Cushman & Wakefield’s (C&W) Valuation & Advisory group, where he began his real estate career in 2003. During his tenure at C&W, he worked with several teams, including the Office and the Mission Critical Facilities practice groups.
In addition to his real estate career, Chris previously worked as an instructor at Northeastern University for four years, where he developed syllabi, assessments and taught college writing and advanced writing courses to undergraduate students.
- Designated member, Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Member, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of: Nevada, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Hawaii, Louisiana, California, Oklahoma, Utah, Iowa, Kansas, Arizona, Alabama, Ohio
- Licensed real estate salesperson, state of California
Chris earned a Master of Arts degree in English literature from the State University of New York at Buffalo and a Bachelor of Arts degree in cinema and television critical studies from the University of Southern California.