Christopher J. Mealy, MAI, MRICS, ASA, currently serves as a Senior Managing Director for Newmark Valuation & Advisory and the Market Leader for the Pacific Northwest region. In this role, Mealy is responsible for the oversight of the firm’s valuation & advisory operations in the states of Alaska, Oregon, and Washington and growing the business through the recruitment and management of best-in-class valuation professionals.
Over the last 15 years, he has performed valuation assignments for a variety of property types. He has focused primarily on all types of retail properties, including regional malls, lifestyle centers, neighborhood centers, power centers, strip centers and net-leased properties throughout Alaska, Oregon, and Washington. He also has considerable experience in the valuation of gas stations and car washes as going concerns.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mealy worked for five years as a Senior Director at Cushman & Wakefield where he was a member of the national retail practice group and the quality control committee. Mealy also spent seven years at CBRE where he became a senior appraiser and retail specialist for the Pacific Northwest.
Mealy’s experience extends over numerous property types:
- Retail (regional malls, lifestyle centers, power centers, community centers, neighborhood centers, convenience/strip centers, net leased properties and various other retail assignments)
- Special purpose (convenience stores/gas stations, car washes, including tunnel and self-serve, religious facilities, schools and day cares)
- Office (MOB/professional, mixed use and single tenant)
- Industrial (warehouse/manufacturing, self-storage, business parks)
- Apartment (garden, mid-rise, mixed use, and student housing)
- Sports and entertainment (health clubs and YMCA/YWCA facilities)
– Appraisal Institute: Mealy has served on the Appraisal Institute Seattle Chapter’s education committee, is an Advisor for candidates for designation, and has hosted the retail panel for the Seattle Chapter’s Fall Real Estate Conference on numerous occasions.
Licenses and Designations
– MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
– Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
– Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
– Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Alaska, Oregon, and Washington
Mealy earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance from the University of Washington.