Christopher J. Mealy MAI, MRICS, ASA, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory as a senior vice president in 2018. Over the last 15 years, he has performed valuation assignments for a variety of property types, but he has focused primarily on retail properties, including regional malls, lifestyle centers, neighborhood centers, power centers, strip centers and net leased properties throughout Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. He also has considerable experience in the valuation of gas stations and car washes as going concerns.
Prior to Newmark, Christopher worked for five years as a senior director in Cushman & Wakefield’s Seattle office, where he was a member of the national retail practice group and the quality control committee. This followed seven years at CBRE’s Seattle office, where he became a senior appraiser and retail specialist for the Pacific Northwest.
Christopher’s experience extends over numerous property types:
- Retail (regional malls, lifestyle centers, power centers, community centers, neighborhood centers, convenience/strip centers, net leased properties and various other retail assignments)
- Special purpose (convenience stores/gas stations, car washes, including tunnel and self-serve, religious facilities, schools and day cares)
- Office (MOB/professional, mixed use and single tenant)
- Industrial (warehouse/manufacturing, self-storage, business parks)
- Apartment (garden, mid-rise, mixed use, and student housing)
- Sports and entertainment (health clubs and YMCA/YWCA facilities)
- Appraisal Institute. Christopher has served on the Appraisal Institute Seattle Chapter’s education committee, is an Advisor for candidates for designation, and has hosted the retail panel for the Seattle Chapter’s Fall Real Estate Conference on numerous occasions
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Alaska, Oregon, and Washington
Christopher earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance from the University of Washington.