Chethan Rao joined Newmark in 2014 as a senior managing director in the company’s McLean, Virginia, office. A seasoned transaction advisor with deep experience both domestically and internationally, Mr. Rao focuses on providing tenants with real estate strategy, market analysis, financial analysis and lease negotiations. He has special experience in meeting the needs of government contractors and technology companies and has completed transactions on their behalf in cities around the world.
Mr. Rao joined Newmark from DTZ Americas Inc., where he was a senior vice president in the Washington, DC, office. In this capacity, Mr. Rao served as a transaction lead for global accounts, responsible for providing real estate services tailored to the unique requirements of each client, ranging from acquisitions and dispositions to lease restructures and consolidations.
Mr. Rao began his commercial real estate career in 2005 as an associate with DTZ. He previously worked for the Corporate Executive Board in its sales and marketing department.
Partial Client List
- General Dynamics
- Grameen Foundation USA
- Promontory Interfinancial Network
- SAP NS2
- TATA Communications
- ViON Corporation
- Deal of the Year, Baltimore Business Journal, 2018
- Service Provider of the Year, CoreNet Mid-Atlantic, 2017
- Partnership Award, CoreNet Mid-Atlantic, 2016
- Rookie of the Year, DTZ, 2007
- 40 under 40 DC Commercial Real Estate, DCA
- Top 50 under 40 Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Forum
- Licensed real estate salesperson, District of Columbia, state of Maryland and Commonwealth of Virginia
- Chapter president and board member, Pratham USA DC
Mr. Rao holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Indiana University.