CA RE License #01848080
Carter Lear joined Newmark in June 2021 as the Director of Capital Markets tasked with leading the commercial property investment sales platform for Sacramento and the California Central Valley.
A 15-year industry veteran, Lear most recently served as the executive in charge of acquisitions for The Grupe Company, qualifying and engaging development opportunities for the family portfolio and equity syndication partnerships. Prior to Grupe, Lear worked for Boos Development securing merchant–build development sites on behalf of corporate & franchisee expansion strategies in the Western United States. In 2012 he placed capital into core+ assets as the western regional sponsor for Colony Capital following four years establishing the Sacramento office of Jones Lang LaSalle in 2007, where his team expanded the company’s institutional agency leasing and blue-chip tenant representation practice.
Lear is versed in ground-up development, fund investment strategy, master planning, adaptive reuse, and equity underwriting across industrial, multifamily, retail & office asset classes.
Lear holds a master’s degree from U.C. Davis and lives in the Land Park neighborhood of Sacramento with his wife and two children.
Partial List of Lease Transactions Representing Sellers
- 7601 San Leandro St, Oakland, CA; Green Sage, 432,963 sf
- 2624 E. Edgar Ave, Fresno, CA; Caro Nut Company, 233,860 sf
- 4632 Raley Blvd, Sacramento, CA; America’s Tire Distribution Center, 133,380 sf
- 620 Roseville Pkwy, Roseville, CA; Value-Add Office, 193,573 sf
- 1567 Bartlett Ln, Sacramento, CA; 405-Unit MFR Ground-Up Development
Partial List of Lease Transactions Representing Buyers
- 770 N Guild, Lodi, CA; Robert Mondavi Distribution Center, 580,500 sf
- 7021 Westlake Terrace, Bethesda, MD: 343-Unit, MFR Ground-Up Development
- 200 North 400 West Salt Lake City, UT: 300-Unit, MFR Ground-Up Development
Partial Client List
- EQT Property Trust
- Fortress Investment Group
- Colony Capital
- The Grupe Company
- Sutter Capital Group
- Westland Capital Partners
- Top Producer, Boos Development West, 2018
- 2009 Leukemia & Lymphoma Society “James Bond of the Year”
- Member: Association of Commercial Real Estate
- Member: International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member: Urban Land Institute
- Licensed California Real Estate Agent
Sacramento State University, Bachelor of Arts, International Business.
University of California, Davis; Master of Business Administration.
In the News
Fresno’s Caro Nut Sells Facility For $30 Million
Newmark Completes $30 Million Sale-Leaseback of Caro Nut’s Fresno, California Production Facility
Newmark announces the sale-leaseback of a 233,840-square-foot industrial asset occupied by Caro Nut in Fresno, California.