Carter Lear joined Newmark in 2021 as a Director of Capital Markets for the Sacramento and Roseville Offices. In this role he is tasked with expanding the company’s investment sales service line and growing top line revenue for the region. A 14-year industry veteran, Carter begin his career in 2007 as an Associate Broker helping to establish the Jones Lang LaSalle brand in Sacramento. His team managed agency leasing for institutional ownership groups and tenant representation for a roster of public entities and private blue-chip corporations. Following his time at JLL, Carter pursued an MBA from UC Davis while working as a principal for private development in the Western United States.
Carter came to Newmark after serving as the Vice President of Acquisitions with The Grupe Company where he was responsible for qualifying and recommending investments in California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and New Mexico. He is versed in ground-up development, fund strategy, and equity investments in office, retail, industrial, and multifamily asset classes.
Carter lives in the Land Park neighborhood of Sacramento with his wife and daughter.
Partial List of Advisory & Sale Transactions
- 4632 Raley Blvd, Sacramento, CA: America’s Tire Distribution Center, 133,380 sf
- 620 Roseville Pkwy, Roseville, CA: Value-Add Office, 193,573 sf
- 770 N Guild, Lodi, CA: Robert Mondavi Distribution Center, 580,500 sf
- 1567 Bartlett Ln, Sacramento, CA: 405-Unit MFR Ground-Up Development
- 7021 Westlake Terrace, Bethesda, MD: 343-Unit, MFR Ground-Up Development
- 200 North 400 West Salt Lake City, UT: 300-Unit, MFR Ground-Up Development
Partial Client List
- Colony Capital
- Fortress Investment Group
- Constellation Brands
- The Grupe Company
- Pappas Investments
- Sutter Capital
- Begonia Development Group
- Top Producer, Boos Development West, 2018
- 2009 Leukemia & lymphoma “James Bond of the Year”
- Former Board Member: Midtown Business Association
- Former Member: International Council of Shopping Centers
- Former Member: Urban Land Institute
- Licensed California Real Estate Agent
Mr. Lear graduated from Sacramento State University with a Bachelor of Arts, International Business degree and University of California, Davis with a Master of Business Administration degree.