Carter Lear joined Newmark in 2021 as a Director of Capital Markets for the Sacramento and Roseville Offices. In this role he is tasked with growing the company’s investment sales platform and top line revenue growth throughout the region. A 14-year industry veteran, Carter began his career in 2007 as an Associate Broker helping to establish the Jones Lang LaSalle brand in Sacramento. His team managed agency leasing for institutional ownership groups and tenant representation for a roster of public entities and private blue-chip corporations. Following his time at JLL, Carter went on to pursue a Master of Business from UC Davis and spent the next decade as a private development principal and executive covering the Western United States. He is versed in merchant building, fee development, fund strategy, and capital placement in office, retail, industrial, and multifamily asset classes.
Carter came to Newmark after serving as Vice President of Acquisitions for The Grupe Company, where he was responsible for qualifying equity investments and expanding the company’s portfolio in California, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and New Mexico.
Partial List of Advisory & Sale Transactions
- 770 N Guild, Lodi, CA; Robert Mondavi Distribution Center, 580,500 sf
- 4632 Raley Blvd, Sacramento, CA; America’s Tire Distribution Center, 133,380 sf
- 620 Roseville Pkwy, Roseville, CA; Value-Add Office, 193,573 sf
- 1567 Bartlett Ln, Sacramento, CA; 405-Unit MFR Ground-Up Development
- 7021 Westlake Terrace, Bethesda, MD: 343-Unit, MFR Ground-Up Development
- 200 North 400 West Salt Lake City, UT: 300-Unit, MFR Ground-Up Development
Partial Client List
- Colony Capital
- Fortress Investment Group
- Constellation Brands
- The Grupe Company
- Pappas Investments
- Sutter Capital
- Begonia Development Group
- Top Producer, Boos Development West, 2018
- 2009 Leukemia & lymphoma “James Bond of the Year”
- Former Board Member: Midtown Business Association
- Former Member: International Council of Shopping Centers
- Former Member: Urban Land Institute
- Licensed California Real Estate Agent
Mr. Lear graduated from Sacramento State University with a Bachelor of Arts, International Business degree and University of California, Davis with a Master of Business Administration degree.