Bruce Westling serves as a Managing Director in Newmark’s Milwaukee office. An experienced broker and real estate advisor, Westling has been a retail leader for more than 30 years. He focuses his practice on site acquisition, development, site selection and negotiation on behalf of national and international retail clients and developers.
Bruce has been at the center of numerous high-profile retail development projects in Wisconsin as well as the acquisition of existing shopping centers nationwide. He also has considerable experience with urban infill and redevelopment projects and with placing tenants in up-and-coming locations. With his extensive knowledge of the Wisconsin market, Bruce has become a trusted resource for both the public and private sectors.
Bruce joined Newmark in 2019, following its acquisition of Milwaukee-based MLG Commercial. Bruce had been with MLG Commercial for nearly 30 years, becoming president of brokerage in 1998.
Partial Client List
- Allen Edmonds
- Irgens Partners
- J. Jeffers & Co.
- Linden Street Partners
- Lowlands Group
- Marcus Corporation
- Old Navy
- Shake Shack
- Uncle Julio’s
- Von Maur
- West Elm
- William Sonoma
- Community Impact Award, Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin (CARW), 2019
- Retail Deal of the Year, CARW, 2008, 2013 and 2017
- Fitzgerald Award NAI Global, 2003
- Best in Class award in retail, NAI Global
- Member, Economic Development Committee of BID 21
- Member and former president, Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin (CARW)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Former member, Community Development Authority for the City of Glendale, WI
Westling earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.