Salemi joined Newmark in 2022 as a Consultant with the firm’s Economic Incentive Advisory Team, a practice within the firm’s Global Corporate Services (GCS). In her role, Salemi assists clients in making optimal real estate decisions related to their site selection, new location, and expansion initiatives by providing financial modeling, feasibility analyses, and incentive negotiation services. Salemi is based in Atlanta.
Salemi has over seven years of experience providing location advisory and incentive services to major U.S. and international clients in the healthcare, finance, distribution, telecommunications, and IT industries. Collectively, she has provided support on projects resulting in over $900 million in investments, 5,500 jobs, and $260 million in total benefits secured for her clients.
Prior to joining Newmark, Salemi was a Consultant at BDO USA, LLP, a public accounting firm; Hickey & Associates, global leader in site selection and location strategy; and Cushman & Wakefield, global commercial real estate firm.
Salemi has been published in the Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives and frequently participates in other industry events. She speaks at economic development conferences and events offering guidance to state and local economic developers on site selection trends, best practices and the role of credits and incentives.
Areas of Specialty
- Incentive Negotiation
- Statutory Tax Credit Analysis
- Location Strategy/Site Selection
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Compliance Management
- Project Management
Partial Client List
- The Stow Company
- Proximo Wine & Spirits
- Aphena Pharmaceuticals
- Calgon Carbon
- Speaker, Boise Valley Economic Partnership Economic Summit, 2022
- Secured the Colorado Strategic Fund and Job Growth Incentive Tax Credit on single project for the first time in State’s history, 2021
- Speaker, Michigan Economic Development Association’s Annual Meeting, 2021
- Speaker, Area Development Consultants Forum, 2021
- Co-Author, Idaho’s Tax Reimbursement Incentive article, Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, 2015
- Member, Institute of Professionals in Taxation
- Member, Council on State Taxation, 2019 - present
- Member, Tax Executives Institute, 2019 – present
Salemi graduated from Western Illinois University with a Bachelor of Business in Economics and a minor in Accounting.