Brian Simmel serves as a vice president in Newmark Valuation & Advisory’s West Palm Beach office in the Florida/Caribbean region. He has more than ten years of real estate valuation experience.
Simmel’s primary geographic location stretches throughout the state of Florida with an emphasis on the South Florida market, and his experience encompasses a wide variety of property types including industrial, office, retail, and multifamily. He has also performed numerous appraisals on special-use assets, including proposed self-storage and proposed car wash developments. Simmel specializes in institutional quality assets with a focus on portfolio valuation.
Simmel is a member of the Newmark Valuation & Advisory’s Industrial/Logistics Specialty Practice, and has assisted in the valuations of several of the largest real estate portfolio transactions to date. Clients include financial institutions, developers, individual and corporate property owners and legal entities.
Prior to joining Newmark in 2017, Simmel was an appraiser with CBRE, beginning in that position in 2011.
- Proposed Mixed-use Development, Downtown Miami, FL
- Multiple Industrial Portfolios, Florida
- Retail Redevelopment, Palm Beach County, FL
- High Street Retail, Miami Beach, FL
- Class A Office Park, Miami, FL
- Class A Office Park, Orlando, FL
- Big Box Retail Redevelopment Portfolio, Florida
- Car Wash Portfolio, Miami, FL
- Shopping Center Portfolio, Florida
- Proposed Industrial Parks, Florida
Licenses and Designations
- Certified general appraiser, state of Florida (No. RZ4066)
- Candidate for Designation, Appraisal Institute
- ARGUS Certified
Simmel earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and real estate from Florida State University. He is currently a Candidate for Designation in the process of completing coursework toward the MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute.