Brian Liss joined Newmark in 2014 as an executive managing director in the company’s McLean, Virginia, office. Mr. Liss brings to the company more than 30 years of experience representing tenants in leasing and sales transactions, property dispositions, strategic planning and advisory services. His primary responsibility is the representation of tenants in the Washington metropolitan area, although he has also worked nationally and internationally. He holds real estate licenses for the District of Columbia, State of Maryland and Commonwealth of Virginia.
Mr. Liss has represented a broad range of clients, including technology companies, government contractors, law firms, financial services firms, consulting firms, non-profits and education-related organizations. He is well-known for bringing professionalism and market expertise to every transaction, and for delivering effective solutions to his clients’ office space needs. He has completed more than 500 transactions for millions of square feet of space.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Liss worked at the Washington, DC office of DTZ, where he was a senior vice president. Mr. Liss began his career in commercial real estate with Studley Inc.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
- Vocus, 450,000 square feet leased (headquarters and other locations)
- Tenable, 200,000 square feet (Headquarters and other locations)
- Altarum Institute, 100,000 square feet leased (regional offices)
- Promontory Interfinancial Network, 37,000 square feet leased in Arlington, Virginia
- Healthy Directions, 32,000 square feet leased in North Bethesda, Maryland
Partial Client List
- Capital One
- Choice Hotels
- Kratos Defense and Security Systems
- Northrop Grumman Vinnell
- SunGard Recovery Services
- Toshiba America Information Systems
- Best Office Lease Deal, Baltimore Business Journal
- Best Office Lease Deal, Washington Business Journal
- The American Cancer Society
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- University of Maryland Terrapin Club
Mr. Liss holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Maryland, College Park.