Brian M. Johnson joined Newmark’s Valuation & Advisory in 2017 and currently serves as an executive vice president and leader of the Hospitality, Gaming and Leisure Group for the Mid-Atlantic region. Mr. Johnson also oversees valuation for all property types in the Commonwealth of Virginia. His appraisal and consulting experience extends to apartment complexes, full service resorts, condominium conversions, golf courses, hotels and motels, industrial buildings, medical office, office facilities, proposed subdivisions, regional malls, retail properties and vacant land.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Johnson served as executive director with the Hospitality & Gaming Group in the Richmond, Virginia, office of Cushman & Wakefield Valuation & Advisory. Mr. Johnson ascended to this position after 15 years with the company, where he began as an associate. He was previously employed for 11 years as a senior associate and director of hospitality for Joseph J. Blake and Associates. Mr. Johnson began his appraisal career as an associate with Pannell Kerr Forster Consulting, where he performed hotel and golf course valuations and feasibility studies throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Candidate for designation, Appraisal Institute
- Practicing affiliate, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, Commonwealth of Virginia, District of Columbia and states of Maryland and West Virginia
Mr. Johnson earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech). More recently, he has completed the following Appraisal Institute courses toward his MAI designation:
- Real Estate Appraisal Principles
- Capitalization Theory and Techniques
- Standards of Professional Practice
- Appraising Nonconforming Properties
- Virginia State Law Course
- Advanced Appraisal Concepts
- Valuation of Detrimental
- Conditions in Real Estate
- General Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use