Brian Goldman joined Newmark in 1995 and serves as Vice Chairman at the firm’s headquarters in New York City. One of the country’s most accomplished advisors to myriad premier companies, he focuses exclusively on tenant representation. An expert in complex requirements, he is renowned for developing process driven real estate strategies that optimize his clients’ portfolios, headquarters and boutique locations globally.
Goldman and his team have leading market share advising the Alternative Investment Sector; including VC firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and their portfolio companies. Additionally, he has a diverse client roster that reflects his status as the preferred consultant to “best-in-class” companies across a wide range of sectors, including the legal, media/entertainment and automotive industries.
Select Clients and Accomplishments
- Centerbridge Partners - 80,000 SF of transactions for headquarters at the Seagrams Building
- AllianceBernstein - 400,000 SF headquarters; bifurcation and location strategy
- Point72 Asset Management - 325,000 SF at 55 Hudson Yards; relocation to new construction
- Citadel - 120,000 SF at 350 Park Avenue; renewal/expansion
- Investcorp - 75,000 SF U.S. headquarters on Park Avenue; renewal expansion
- The Raine Group - 34,000 SF headquarters in Plaza District
- Access Industries, Inc. - 25,000 SF in Plaza District
- ExodusPoint Capital - 45,000 SF for new $8 billion fund launch
Other notable financial clients include:
- Declaration Partners
- Goode Partners
- Harvest Partners
- Lincolnshire Management
- Pharo Management
- Providence Equity Partners
- Strategic Value Partners
- Stripes Group
- Trian Partners
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME) - 120,000 SF relocation to premier Midtown South property
- ICM Partners - 52,000 SF relocation in Plaza District
- Brunswick Group - National portfolio; NYC, SF, DC, Dallas, etc.
- Hachette Book Group - 140,000 SF U.S. headquarters relocation
- Porsche Cars North America - 175,000 SF relocation
- Jaguar Land Rover North America - 225,000 SF lease
Additionally, Goldman has engaged in strategic planning, site selection and portfolio analysis on behalf of global automotive manufacturers and dealership groups.
- The Most Ingenious Retail Deal of the Year, REBNY, 2015, Jaguar Land Rover
- The Most Ingenious Deal of the Year (nomination), REBNY, 2013, Porsche Cars North America
- Powerbroker of the Year, CoStar Group, 2013
- Forty under 40 Award, Real Estate New York Magazine, 2003
- Most Promising Sales Person of the Year, REBNY, 1998
Goldman received his Bachelor of Science degree from the School of Management at Boston University.