Brian D. Coup joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2020 as an Executive Vice President in the Phoenix office. Prior to joining Newmark, Brian most recently served as a managing director and principal with Hopkins Appraisal Services, which specializes in appraisals of restaurants, retail petroleum facilities (convenience stores, service stations, truck stops, etc.) and car washes. Brian brings to his position more than 30 years of experience in this specialty that applies to all elements of value (real estate, equipment and intangible assets).
Since beginning his career in 1999, Brian has completed appraisals across the U.S., with a focus on the western part of the country. He has personally completed or supervised appraisals in 22 states of more than 7,000 retail petroleum/convenience store/car wash facilities and more than 1,000 franchise restaurants.
Licenses and Designations
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Arizona, California, Idaho, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, New Mexico, Utah and Washington
- Licensed real estate salesperson, State of Arizona
- The Car Wash Show, 2019
- Society of Chief Appraisers, 2016-2019
- Western Petroleum Marketers Association, 2003-2020
- Pacific Fuels & Convenience Conference, 2003-2019
- National Association of Convenience Stores, 2012-2018
- ConocoPhillips Marketing Conference, 2017
- Restaurant Finance & Development, 2008 and 2009
- BP AMA, 2007
- SIGMA, 2003
Brian earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from Fort Hays State University. More recently, he has successfully completed numerous real estate-related courses and seminars.