CA RE License #01780922
Brian Bowis joined Newmark in 2016 as Managing Director in the Southern California Debt and Structured Finance team. He is also a member of the Newmark Private Capital Investment Sales team. Since joining Newmark, Bowis has closed over $1 Billion in debt and equity transactions.
Bowis was previously the Vice President of Finance at NMS Properties, one of the largest private developers of Multi-family properties in Los Angeles. In that role he was directly responsible for over $750 million of debt and equity transactions being closed. His role also included acquisitions, dispositions, underwriting, and asset management. Bowis oversaw the acquisition of more than $150 million of Multi-family investment and development properties.
Prior to joining NMS, Bowis was a Senior Producer with Freddie Mac Multifamily in Los Angeles. As a consistent Top Producer on a National level, Bowis closed over $4 Billion in total volume, with over 300 transactions, throughout all major markets in the Western United States.
Significant Financing Transactions
- 397-unit 11 property Santa Monica portfolio - $88MM
- 405-unit Ventana Playa Vista - $115MM
- 80-unit Mixed Use Metropolitan West Hollywood - $85MM
- 240-unit Market Gateway Inglewood - $70MM
- 384-unit 6 property Santa Monica portfolio - $120MM
- 521-unit Palazzo at Park La Brea - $125MM
- 632-unit Medici Los Angeles - $90MM
- 305-unit Ocean Towers Santa Monica - $100MM
- 350-unit Plaza at Arboretum Santa Monica- $55MM
- 186-unit Legacy at Westwood - $44MM
Industry & Community Involvement
ULI, NMHC, CREF, MBA, Chrysalis, Union Rescue Mission
Bowis holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont.