Billy Sleeth joined Newmark in 2017 as an executive managing director in the Seattle office, where he specializes in retail property investments and leads the Sleeth Retail Investment Team with Paul Sleeth, also an executive managing director. The team focuses exclusively on retail investments in the greater Puget Sound region of Washington State and have the established reputation as the Northwest’s #1 retail investment team.
Billy joined Newmark after 13 years at Colliers International in Seattle, where he consistently ranked among the firm’s top producers nationally. Billy and Paul Sleeth were Colliers’ top producers in the Puget Sound Region in 2014, 2015 and 2016; they were named the NAIOP SIOR Investment Brokers of the Year in 2015. Billy has over 18 years of experience and has completed more than $3.5 billion worth of retail investment sales.
PARTIAL LIST OF NOTABLE TRANSACTIONS:
- Briar Portfolio, Washington Street - $175 million; 15-property portfolio
- Bellevue Village Center Development Site, Bellevue - $145 million
- Haggen Portfolio, Seattle Submarkets - $120.5 million; 8-property portfolio
- Marketplace at Factoria, Bellevue - $100 million
- Alderwood Parkway, Lynnwood - $95 million
- Bellevue Galleria, Bellevue - $87 million
- Factoria Mall (50% interest), Bellevue – $65.75 million
- Lakeland Town Center, Auburn - $52 million
- Canyon Park East & West - $50.9 million
- North Benson Shopping Center, Renton - $49.75 million
- Sternco Shopping Center, Bellevue - $49 million
- Interbay Urban Center, Seattle - $48 million
- Alderwood Plaza, Lynnwood - $41 million
- Tacoma South, Tacoma - $39 million
- Town Center at Lake Forest, Lake Forest Park - $37 million
- Klahanie Shopping Center, Sammamish - $36 million
- Woodinville Plaza, Woodinville - $35 million
- Canyon Crossing, Frederickson - $35 million
- Northgate Village Shopping Center, Seattle - $34.3 million
- Bridle Trails, Kirkland - $32 million
- James Center, Tacoma - $32 million
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST/REFERENCES
– Barry Argalas, Senior Vice President, Transactions, Jacksonville, FL
– Hap Stein, former CEO, Executive Chairman, Jacksonville, FL
MERLONE GEIER PARTNERS
– Brad Geier, Founder/Co-Owner/Managing Partner, San Diego, CA
– Peter Merlone, Founder/Co-Owner/Managing Partner, San Diego, CA
– Stuart Tanz, CEO, San Diego, CA
– Richard Schoebel, President, San Diego, CA
KIMCO REALTY CORPORATION
– Matt Golden, Managing Director, Vista, CA
– Conor Flynn, Chief Operating Officer, New Hyde Park, NY
– Ray Edwards, Vice President, New Hyde Park, NY
– Pat Donahue, CEO, Costa Mesa, CA
– Stephen Jaeger, Managing Partner, Corte Madera, CA
– Jonathan Cheng, President, San Diego, CA
– Mark Oei, Managing Director of Real Assets Strategies,
– Menlo Park, CA
– Tom Engberg, CEO & CIO, Walnut Creek, CA
SCHOTTENSTEIN STORES CORPORATION
– Jeffrey Gould, Vice President, Columbus, OH
– John Graham, President, Lynnwood, WA
BALBOA RETAIL PARTNERS
– Joseph Fahey, Principal, Santa Monica, CA
– Susan Overton, Managing Director, Los Angeles, CA
– Jean-Paul Wardy, Senior Vice President, El Segundo, CA
– Craig Ramey, President, Bay Area, CA
– David Brainerd, Managing Director, Washington DC
ROSEN | HARBOTTLE
– Stan Rosen, Principal, Bellevue, WA
– Jerry Harbottle, Principal, Bellevue, WA
URBAN RENAISSANCE GROUP
– Patrick Callahan, CEO, Seattle, WA
– Matthew Simo, Director of Acquisitions, Seattle, WA
– Richard Kuhle, President, Phoenix, AZ
– Clint Marchuk, Vice President of Acquisitions, Phoenix, AZ
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Procuring, negotiating, and closing retail investment transactions.
- Acting as a primary contact for clients.
- Overseeing the financial analysis and underwriting process.
- Evaluating retail market trends in and around the Pacific Northwest as well as tracking new retail developments in the area.
- Managing production of the quarterly/yearly Retail Investment Report, which reports on all retail market trends and investment sales in the Greater Puget Sound region.
- Oversees a sales comparable database which tracks every retail investment sold in Washington State, Oregon, Montana, and Idaho over the past 18 years, as well as a comprehensive list on every retail investment property currently available.
- Top Producer, Puget Sound Region, 2014 - 2016
- NAIOP SIOR Investment Brokers of the Year, 2015
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Past board member, Puget Sound Commercial Brokers Association (CBA)
Billy earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economic geography/real estate focus from the University of Washington. Upon graduation, Billy played professional soccer for the Chicago Fire, Colorado Rapids and Seattle Sounders. Billy resides in Seattle with his wife and two daughters.