Bernell Rice joined Newmark Zimmer in 2014 and currently serves as a director in the company’s Lee’s Summit, Missouri, office. With over 37 years of commercial real estate experience, Mr. Rice has substantial expertise in retail and office leasing, property management, land development and project management. Mr. Rice has also originated CID (Community Improvement Districts) for development projects through approvals, formation and operations. His work has included development projects with 353 Redevelopment and TIF (Tax Increment Financing). Additionally, Mr. Rice owns several properties in whole and is a developer or partner in a number of quality developments. His ownership interests include properties leased to the state of Missouri and build-to-suit for the federal government (GSA).
Prior to joining Newmark Zimmer, Mr. Rice, along with several colleagues also known for their depth of commercial real estate experience and expertise, formed Realty Trust Group in 2000. One of the premier professional commercial real estate brokerage firms in Eastern Jackson County, Realty Trust Group is involved in brokerage, land development and property management. Prior to Reality Trust Group, Mr. Rice was with Metzger Realtors until the passing of Mr. Metzger in 1998.
Mr. Rice has been a speaker on real estate subjects for the Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce and Lee’s Summit Economic Development Council and has hosted an investor’s seminar on real estate investments, including 1031 Exchange and TIC (Tenant in Common) investments.
Partial List of Development Projects
- Arborwalk Business Park
- Eastland Business Center North
- Eastland Parkway Business Center
- Executive Lakes at Lakewood
- Heritage Park
- Hillside at Deerbrook
- Lakepoint Crossing
- Langsford Plaza
- Tudor Square Executive Office Park
- Victoria Park
- Board member, Premier Life, (holding company for John Knox Village Retirement Communities)
- Member, Independence Economic Council
- Member, Lee’s Summit Economic Council
- Member, Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce
- Former president, Lee’s Summit Sunrise Rotary
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Licensed real estate broker, states of Kansas and Missouri
Mr. Rice earned his master’s degree in economics at the University of Missouri and his bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Central Missouri.