Bernard Weitzman joined Newmark as a Senior Managing Director in February 2012. Weitzman has served a distinguished career as an active broker and consultant in New York City over the past 25 years. In his current role, he focuses on representing tenants as well as landlords throughout the New York Tri-State area.
Weitzman’s appointment with Newmark is preceded by a 20-year tenure with CBRE. He has been responsible for the leasing of more than 3.0 million square feet and has represented a wide variety of companies including American Eagle Outfitters, Chase Manhattan Bank, Codecademy, Del Laboratories, Escada USA, Flashtalking, GE Commercial Finance, HSBC Bank, IPC Systems, Korea Exchange Bank, PB Capital, Samsung Life Insurance, Springs Global, Wexford Capital, WeWork and Yellowhammer Media Group, among many others. He also brings to his position vast experience as a leasing agent, representing prominent landlords such as The Blackstone Group, Caerus Group, Chestnut Holdings, Gorjian Group, Sentinel Real Estate and Max Capital Management, among others.
Additionally, Weitzman has been involved in major sales of office buildings in Manhattan, including representing the purchaser in the acquisition of 810 Seventh Avenue, a 646,000-square-foot tower, and representing the seller of 110 East 55th Street.
- SK Group - New York City headquarters building sale (100,000 SF)
- Del Laboratories - Uniondale, NY, office lease (90,000 SF)
- IPC Systems, Inc. - New York City/New Jersey office leases (77,000 SF)
- American Eagle Outfitters - New York City office lease (56,000 SF)
- GE Commercial Finance - New York City office lease (50,000 SF)
- Lafayette New York - New York City office/showroom lease (48,000 SF)
- WeWork - New York City office lease (41,000 SF)
- Escada USA - New York City office/showroom lease (40,000 SF)
- SK Group - Fort Lee, NJ, office lease (40,000 SF)
- Springs Global - New York City office lease (36,000 SF)
- Codecademy - New York City office lease (21,000 SF)
- Wexford Capital - Greenwich, CT, office lease (18,000 SF)
Weitzman is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York. He resides in Weston, Connecticut, with his wife and two sons.
Weitzman graduated from the City University of New York, Brooklyn College, with a Bachelor of Arts degree.