Benjamin Geist joined Newmark in 2019 and currently serves as a Managing Director in the company’s Greater Toronto Area office. A 13-year corporate real estate veteran, Geist has substantial expertise in commercial real estate, including tenant representation in the office sector, building/land acquisitions, professional services firms, start-up community, life sciences, and high technology sectors. He has conducted more than 150 transactions worth in excess of $300 million to date.
Prior to Newmark, Geist was Associate Vice President for 11 years with a major Canadian Toronto-based Brokerage. In this capacity, he was responsible for implementing corporate strategies that met his clients’ real estate objectives, which involved the expansion and disposition of client portfolios, lease restructuring and re-casting, office relocation and site selection, or the purchase of real estate assets.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative:
- 25 York Street, Toronto, ON, Menkes Developments, Nasdaq, 27,500 SF
- 200 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, Oxford Properties Group, Vale Canada, 25,000 SF
- 661 University Ave./ 700 University Toronto, ON Mars/Kingsett, BlueRock Therapeutics, 30,000 SF
- 901 King Street West, Toronto, ON, Crown Property Management:
- Deluxe Entertainment Canada, 62,000 SF
- 1 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, ON, Minto Developments
Sim International, 25,000 SF
- 2 Fraser Avenue, Toronto, ON, Adgar Investments and Developments:
- Stereo D Toronto, 51,000 SF
Partial List of Sale Transactions
As a representing buyer:
- 176 Front Street West and 178 Front Street West, Toronto, ON:
- Core Development Group Inc., land assembly: $40 million
- 244-250 King Street East, Toronto, ON:
- Core Development Group/ Emblem Development Corp, land assembly: $24 million
- Port Colborne, ON:
- Vale Canada, Land Sale: 220 acres - $9 million
Partial Client List
- Core Development Group
- Vale Canada Ltd.
- NTT Data (Dimension Data)
- Deluxe Entertainment Canada
- Stereo D Toronto
- Ripple Ventures
- BlueJ Legal
- Hired Inc.
- Top Producer (less than 10 years), Devencore Toronto, 2016
- Rookie of the Year, Devencore, 2011
- Member, Real Estate Council of Ontario
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board
Geist graduated from the University of Guelph, where he earned a Bachelor of Commerce degree in finance and real estate.